Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

'05 RT Stuck in Park

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 07:29 PM
ShuttleDIK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 RT Stuck in Park

Ok - I've seen a couple posts on this, but no responses from anybody... so I'm gonna post the question too!

My '05 RT has become stuck in park. I bought it used in Nov. '05 and haven't had this problem before. It's not the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock System. If I step on the breaks with the engine on, it dis-engages the shift lock.... but I still can't get out of park.

I've tried rocking it (even though I'm not on an incline), dis and re-connecting the negative terminal to reset the electrical system. I've even bypassed the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock System using the override switch in the shift panel - but again, that's not my problem. I can successfully disengage the Interlock System - I just can't get out of park.

I would like to hear from people who have dealt with this problem, what they may have tried to fix the issue, and what ultimately fixed the problem of being stuck in park.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Old 05-04-2007, 05:13 PM
Yarstberry
Default RE: '05 RT Stuck in Park

Happens to me all the time. Dealership is useless. I have to lift the storage bin to the right of the shifter and use the emergency button. PITA!

Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Free_Style
Rookie

Same problem about once a month. Cycle the ignition or use the emergency button.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 PM
capnhook77

I had the same problem, i took it in and they told me it was a fuse in the shifter. They fixed it, and it works.

Quick Reply: '05 RT Stuck in Park