Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2 Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 01:14 PM
D2designs.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions?

First, me ordering a Red Magnum RT seems to be holding the order process up, so I'm thinking of changing the color to Brilliant Black. What's everyone thoughts on this color. I wish they offered Yellow .

Second, does anyone know when lowering springs will be available for the Magnum RT's? And if so, who is going to make them?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:32 PM
joseph
Rookie
Default RE: 2 Questions?

If you want the bad *** look, black is the only color, which is what I'll get.
Springs, I don't know and I would not mess with the ride height.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
MAGGY

I am not a fan of black cars only because of the upkeep. Nothing beats a clean black car, but i dont have the patience and time to deal with keeping it that way. Been there, done that!!! Just know that is it higher maintenance than a sliver, charcoal, cool vanila, or magnesium colored car. Yellow is one color that i would NOT like to see, school bus style!!!

I am almost positive the springs are available from Eibach. Sorry i do not have the specs or part numbers but I beleive they are available. ( 300c should be the same?) I am not sure of the forum, but you can search this one and some of the others, there was a post about it somewhere.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:48 PM
shiltz
Captain

the black looks really nice, that's what color I have, it's not like a normal black most cars use though, there is like a metalic sparkle in the paint, looks really nice when the sun hits it, as for the upkeep it's really not that bad, the key is you need to wax it, once you have a good coat of wax on it dirt doesn't stick to it that much and any that does you can quickly clean off with one of those california car dusters, even over 2 weeks after washing and waxing it it still looks pretty damn clean and it's rained like 4 times since I cleaned it.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
daffRT

I only went against black because the 3#$#@! car dealership put a 7,000 fair market adjustment on the only black R/T in the lot (common in southern california...and people are paying). Also, I've already seen two black ones in my city so I didn't want to be another black r/t.

I agree though, Black looks great, if not common in Orange County.

Old 09-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like black... it's classic and with the shiny chrome accents... ooohh... NICE!!

~Amanda

Old 09-16-2004, 04:00 PM
Scott P

The thing I didn't like about black was that it really highlighted the orange peel in the Magnum's paint. I can honestly say that I like all the colors in the lineup though.

Old 09-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Cal Jeff

I'm in the same boat. Ordered red and have been waiting since the Earth cooled. I also agree not much beats a really clean and waxed black. That said, where I live I'd need to wash her almost twice a day. because I hate the look of a dirty black car. IMHO for less maintenance you gotta go with the silvers and grays.

Having waited so long I almost wish I had gone with the dark metallic gray. but that is weeks ago and I do not want to start over.[X(]

Old 09-17-2004, 02:03 AM
daywalker

BLACK is beautiful!!!! [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 09-17-2004, 03:29 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I had two black cars in the past, while they do look cool when clean, they are a pain in the butt to keep clean.

My RT is Magnesium Pearl and I love it.

Bob

Quick Reply: 2 Questions?