Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Help with NO ESP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:38 PM
kuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with NO ESP

Hello,
I tried to install the NOESP mod according to the instructions, but when I turn the car
on (not pushing the esp button) I hear the relay and the BAF/ESP lights come on
automatically. I can then push the esp button and the squiggles appear while the
BAF/ESP stays on. I followed the wiring procedure but the only difference is the
ground. On my car(05) there is not a black wire with a light green stripe but a black wire
with a white stripe which is the one I spliced to.
There are 2 other black wires-one with a red stripe and one with an orange stripe.
I've checked all connections and troubleshooting tips with no success. Anyone out there experience a similar problem?

Thanks

Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 AM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Help with NO ESP

i have the NOESP mod too. mine works like it was designed to work.

the black wire with the light green stripe is in the harness that goes to the factory esp button on the dash.
don't splice the ground wire into the black wire in the loom along the shifter.

email them at noesp@optonline.net for questions

Old 05-22-2007, 01:42 AM
kuzer

Thanks.....I'll give that a try. I did email them earlier but no response. They were not that explicit in the instructions and I just assumed that wire was in the same bundle.

Appreciate the reply!

Old 05-22-2007, 03:37 PM
kbyrd

Yeah, that should fix you right up. The written instructions don't really tell you that you are changing from one wiring-harness to another, but the picture shows they shifted to using the harness that plugs into the ESP button
Step 6:
Using the 3M wire taps provided, tap into the following wires that are in the harness
that leads to the ESP button: Ground (black) from the NO-ESP board taps into the (black/light
green stripe) wire. The ESP (green) wire taps into the (dark green/white stripe) wire.

[IMG]local://upfiles/58266/FAEC6DFFC1D64F068CE0D7BDBB799BB8.jpg[/IMG]