Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Ramblings: Backup Sensor, Trunk Release and Color

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 03:00 PM
ParrotSquawk
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ramblings: Backup Sensor, Trunk Release and Color

I remember reading somewhere about a mod to add a backup sensor in the rear tail light assembly using Mopar parts.

I also was thinking of the trunk release issue:
could the system used on the Pacifica be retrofitted to the Magnum hatch/trunk/backdoor?
could the Pacifica's remote then be programmed to operate the Magnum?

Colors:
Since the 300 is made in the same factory as the Magnum, I wonder if a 300 color code would slip by a dealer and get made at the factory? (my wife likes the pale jade color and I wonder how different the Lava Red is)

Old 09-19-2004, 03:52 PM
MagnumFreak
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ramblings: Backup Sensor, Trunk Release and Color

I have checked and the remote for the pacifica could be programmed to work on a Magnum. Getting the autolift gate to work is another issue. I am still working on this one.

As far as the color is concerned.... I doubt that you could slip one by. There are people at the factory that verify all options and selections so it would have to slip by them also.

The backup sensor is a dealer installed option. There is a Magnum owner that has had this added to his car for about 500 bucks installed.

Quick Reply: Ramblings: Backup Sensor, Trunk Release and Color