Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Windshield wiper control going haywire

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
JH Magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield wiper control going haywire

Hey All,

anyone else have a problem with the windshield wiper control. I have recently had it start going as if it was on when I had it on the slowest intermittent cycle.

I messed around with it and found out I can actually make this happen at will by turning the arm slightly as opposed to clicking it one "notch"

Just curious if anyone else has had this happen.

I'd take it to the dealer but I'm sure they will tell me "it was designed to function that way" I don;t know if the dealers are different in the US or not but they pretty much SUCK in Canada.

JH

Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 PM
Magmania
Veteran
Default RE: Windshield wiper control going haywire

I had the same issue on the second click setting. I would not work.
Take it to the dealer and don't let him tell that that's the way it works. That's not the way it's supposed to work.
I have also heard of other people with the same exact symtom as mine.

Is yours in the second position on the intermittant setting?

Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Funny... It was a while back and quiet a while after I got my car that I actually needed to use the Windshield Wipers while driving. Position #2 on the Windshield Wiper Control was intermittently non-intermittent. Eventually position #2 just stayed on, like on the slow constant speed. I notified the Service Manager the next time I took it in for an Oil Change that it was not working correctly. The replaced the faulty control module and I have not had any problems since. Icaught that one like within 1,000 miles of my 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty... So, no, it is not designed to be intermittently non-intermittent. It is broken and as long as you are within your warranty miles or date, they should replace it. Let us know how it goes!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Cdn_Magnum

This is not an unsual problem with the wiper control arm. I have had my 'multi function arm' replaced twice for the wiper running in the second intermittent position. Funny, its a Mercedes part and you'd think they'd have gotten it right Mine would act up if my wipers were int he second position and i was turning th wheel left. My dealer has serviced it no questions asked

Quick Reply: Windshield wiper control going haywire