Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RW On The Snow !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:58 AM
CLIMAX
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RW On The Snow !!!!

Has anyone drove the RW Magnum RT in snow yet .. can someone tell me how it handles and if it will be fine driving in the winter.... if anyone could awnser my question that would be helpful..

Old 10-14-2004, 10:19 AM
dansk
Default RE: RW On The Snow !!!!

There are some snow videos out there if you go back to the July time frame on some of these forums. They focus on the RWD. I talked to my dealer when we were deciding RWD or AWD. He attended one of the Magnum demo's last spring where they intentionally made an incline slippery and then allowed dealers to drive the Magnum up, stopping midway, and restarting. They also drove front wheel drive cars to compare and the Magnum RWD was much better than FWD. In some cases the FWD couldn't make it up according to him. Based on hte fact that my wife and I have done O.K. in winter with our Mercury Sable, we opted for RWD. We figured that if we get 3 days a year where you really wish you had AWD, that's about it. I couldn't see the extra cost up front plus suffering MPG hit year round for 3 days. She'll just go in to work late if it's that bad out.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Having lived in Chicago for 59 years and driving through all the snow and blizzards, I got along just fine with RWD. I have owned a few FWD cars, but prefer the RWD ones.

Never had a need for AWD, all you need is a good driver.

Bob

Old 10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Hemi RT
Professional

I agree with Bob. I had a front wheel drive car for 10 years in Chicago. All you need are good tires and a good driver. My friends husband just got rid of a Wrangler and Got a lil C230 SC and claims he will eed a little truck npw fpr winter so he can battle the snow. I told him he's an idiot. You don't NEED a 4 wheel Drive. It may help in some scenarios but is not a neccesity. (spelling?) 4 wheel drive doesn't keep you in line or really give you better grip it's the tires and the drivers finesse'

Old 10-15-2004, 05:22 PM
thuffman03
Rookie

All but one of my car's has been RW drive. I can't stand FW drive. Even in the snow. Here in Pittsburgh, PA we get some snow but have alot of hills. I have had no trouble with RW drive cars as long as you have good tires and remember Newton's first law of motion:

"An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."

Old 10-15-2004, 08:25 PM
Blanchman

Nice law Thuffman... how true... how true...

Quick Reply: RW On The Snow !!!!