Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Damnit Tirerack...get it right!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:52 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Damnit Tirerack...get it right!!

Bill I spend ALOT of time at c-c.com, it takes quite a bit to get under my skin. No offense taken. []removes foot from mouth[/] nice car. 400+ at the wheels and 2800lbs huh? I might be in trouble (until I get the LS1 put together). I'm still waithng for my machinist to get his scales back so I can get corner weights, last I checked (thousands of dollars ago) race weight was 3420. Most of the front sheetmetal and all the suspension has been changed since then. If you get back to CA let know. Willows is going to be my new home, very nice track. I haven't run Buttonwillow yet, guys I hang out with tell me it's a fun track. Next season.

Old 11-18-2004, 02:27 AM
billapex
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dodgemech

Bill I spend ALOT of time at c-c.com, it takes quite a bit to get under my skin.
Corner-Carvers, eh? Your skin must be like leather! I enjoy reading the posts on that site. One of my best friends, "mumzer" / "mumzergadol", started the "Poo Tech" thread. Hilarious stuff. Seen it?
Since Imagestation gives me troubles, and Photobucket has limited new account sign-up times, here's the 5.0 Mustang Magazine article on my car that just came out: All Business
Tell me a bit about your race car! All I've heard so far is LS1, Afco, and 3,420lb. I wanna know what I'll be up against someday!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:45 AM
BMWDON
Rookie

http://www.sovapid.com/bill.htm NICE! In 2-3 years, I'ld like to do this sort of thing, I think I'll pick up a older porsche or bmw and gut it and make a fun track car.....your mustang is very impressive!

Old 11-18-2004, 11:11 PM
dodgemech
All Star

***************ULTRA THREAD HIJACK***************
Sorry Don. OK Bill, about that whole handing you your *** comment......I think the *** going on would me getting mine kicked all over the track.
It's a 68 El Camino that doubles as my work transportation. Current configuration is too much to list. Here is the web link to the front suspension page-HERE . The rear suspension is PM3L with rod ends all over the place. Front springs are 700lbs AFCoils with AFCO adjusters. Rear springs are my own design (lots of measuring what comes stock on cars with double pigtails and calculating spring rates) with a calculated rate of 175lbs. 17X9.5 and 17X11's and 275/40-315/35's. 13" C5 brakes, Tremec TKOII, 355 (air dyno is about 425HP), the LS1 should put down 400+ at the wheels. Future (next spring) will bring new paint, full cage, halon system (going for 175mph in Ely), and maybe rear coil overs-haven't decided yet. If I can get race weight down to 3000 and get the damn thing to bite (it's a real problem coming out of corners right now) it should give you Griggs guys a real race. Have you looked into the EVM setup yet, looks to be the new hot ticket. Us Chevy guys have to fab our own stuff. Makes me jealous as hell of the Mustang guys, not that you don't have to make mods to the stuff and build some of your own. I wind up scratch building almost everything, or building brackets and braces to make stuff designed for something work on it.
Enough thread hijack, let me know when you get to the coast, I don't hit a lot of events but I'll make arrangements.

Old 11-19-2004, 06:03 PM
BMWDON
Rookie

Quit thread jacking my ****!! you sorry bastard!!!!! Just fkn with you

Here's another thread jack, my first child, a boy was born this last wednesday morning at 0947. 6lbs and 20" long. William III....man, I haven't slept since well before birth, and I feel pretty damn good, we just got home from the hospital, I've got a cold guinness in a iced pint glass, fired the fireplace up for the first time this year, and the kid is sound asleep.....where the hell is Norman Rockwell when you need him? This is the exact reason for changing from my small bmw to a full sized vehicle like the magnum....I can't friggin' wait for it to get here, gets me all misty eyed just thinking about it [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 PM
kmag50
Rookie

Congratulations BMW....sounds like you are one happy man and enjoy that baby all you can...mine are grown teenagers now and I wish sometimes that they were still small....the teenage years can be trying....but congrats anyway.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:07 PM
dodgemech
All Star

Congradulations, I'm sure he'll love the Magnum. Kids love to go fast. It will be interesting to watch your post times, I'll bet to start seeing posts at 0100-0500. Babies love to be awake during those hours, at least all of mine did.

Old 11-20-2004, 03:43 PM
billapex
Professional

Congratulations! I have a 5-month old daughter, and when she's good, she's adorable, but when she's bad, she can be pretty atrocious! (I know that at least one time, you'll be thinking, "Where's the receipt for this thing?") It really is a precious experience, one that I cherish. My wife and I are contemplating another one in a year or so. We'll see. Enjoy!

Old 11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
BMWDON
Rookie

here's the wee midget himself...does this forum have a off-topic section? I guess I should take this there...but I'm too proud a pappa to not post this shot

Old 11-28-2004, 05:14 AM
speedyguy

If you must get springs that are properly made I can hook you up with a spring manufacture that does my custom springs and with a little nudge they will make you a set. This would not be a mass production deal unless I received many many interested people but it is a possibility for you and then you don’t have to do the hack or cook rout.

I have worked with many different racing spring companies and yes-linier springs can be modified accordingly but I am amazed people even suggested heating up eibach or cutting eibach springs.

If you are on a budget then cutting linier springs can be ok if done right. Heating up springs is the worst thing you can do and without proper equipment for control the rates suffer and poof you’re riding on garbage.

Send me a private message and I can fill you in and send you to some connections.

Ty

Quick Reply: Damnit Tirerack...get it right!!