Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

accelerator pedal delay

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 07:09 AM
shhark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accelerator pedal delay

Hey All,

Just got an 07 SXT 3.5

Love everything about it.
Since my last ride was a 15 year old pick up, I'm not sure this is a problem or just the way the car should work, but…

When I step on the gas the pedal moves about 1/4" or slightly less before the engine responds.
Doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's hard to get used to.

Anyone heard of such a thing?

Any help appreciated.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:01 AM
oxxboxx
Default RE: accelerator pedal delay

I've had my 07 Magnum SXT for about 3 months, and my gas pedal does the same thing. It's hard to get used to and a little unnerving when pulling away from a dead stop in heavy traffic.

I don't know if it's a common problem, but you might want to post in the main area with this question.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Dijon01

I just got an 06 3.5L. Does the same thing. It is ... different... to get used to.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 PM
karazuba

One thing you can try is disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes. The computer 'learns' your driving style--if you've been light on the pedal, the computer will assume you always want to drive like that. Disconnecting the battery resets the 'learning'. No promises, but this does help in some cases.

Old 01-31-2008, 01:31 PM
tvshooter

My wife has a 06 Toyota Solera and it is a real problem with that car. What we found out it is the drive by wire system in which the gas pedal is just a dummy it isn't hooked up to anything it is all computer controlled. This I hear is something that the epa wanted put on cars to help with gas mileage. Some cars have a "fix" where you can reprogram the computer. On her car sadly just unhooking the battery was not a fix since I tried it several times one of which I unhooked it overnight. I know I am talking about a jap car not the wonder wagon but I hope this helps you out. Talk to your dealers shop mgr and maybe they know about a "fix".

Old 03-27-2008, 11:58 PM
Tieftoener

I have an '04 Rumble Bee... and there used to be a lot of talk when I first bought it and was reading on the forums about adjusting the throttle cable "slack" that goes to the potentiometer that serves as the input for the speed control to the computer on the HEMI for the trucks. Not sure if the LX cars work the same way, but just throwing it out there. Some people had a lot of "slop" while others didn't seem to have a big issue with delay (like myself). But, there were several people that made some adjustments to advance the potentiometer slightly for the "dead pedal" setting.

Hope this helps,
Tieftoener

Quick Reply: accelerator pedal delay