Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Check Engine Light & Seatbelt Problems on SXT

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:48 AM
46FD04
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light & Seatbelt Problems on SXT

1. I have been having a recurring problem with the Check Engine light on my 2007 3.5L SXT. It has been into the Dealer twice. No codes found, ECM was reflashed, and I was sent on my way. Anyone else have the same problem and was acause found?

2. Seatbelt - the front passenger side seatbelt is malfunctioning. When you put it on, it locks into place and will not release. If you need to reach forward for the radio or glovebox, you can't. It only releases when the belt is removed. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:36 PM
oxxboxx
Default RE: Check Engine Light & Seatbelt Problems on SXT

How many miles do you have? I had a similar "check engine" problem on my Dodge Dakota, but that wasn't until I hit about 65K miles. It was traced to a pollution contro device (I don't remember which one). They replaced it for about $400 and reset the light. Two weeks later it came on again. To make a long story short, the check engine light would come on for a month, and then go out for a month. The dealership tried several times to trace the problem but they could never figure it out. I kept driving it until I traded for the Magnum SXT.

You'd think by now, with computers, a check engine light would be an easy fix. It isn't.

As for the seatbelt problem, I haven't had any issues with it sticking.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:40 PM
46FD04
Rookie

35,000 km.

And I forgot to say that the check engine light is an intermittent problem. It stays on for a few days, then goes out for a few days.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:56 PM
65standard
All Star

what is the code that comes up?

Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
46FD04
Rookie

Backto the Dealer today - Check Engine light on again.

Turns out there was a Rapid Response Transmittal issued for the car, telling the technician to check for a TSB.

Our Magnum has been ordered by Chrysler to have the intake manifold replaced. The seatbelt mechanism is going to be replaced when the manifold comes in.

Also, the oil pressure switch wiring harness was causing a problem, and had to have a strap added to it, and then the harness was re-routed.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light & Seatbelt Problems on SXT