Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Towing Needs

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM
alpo18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Towing Needs

I just obtained a 2007 Magnum R/T AWD, but it did not come with the Towing Package. I need a list of the Parts including the Dodge PartNumbers that are needed to equal the Towing Package. From Forum research I gather that it consists of Springs, Upper Spring Mounts, and the Leveling Shocks. I realize that the Hitch is also needed but was never part of the package anyway. The R/T AWD supposedly already comes equipped with the needed Cooling and there has also been some thoughts that the R/T AWD might already have the needed springs and possibly the shocks as well.Anyfirst hand experience at upgrading the Magnum for Towing would also be greatly appreciated. Owned the Magnum 1 day and so far it meets all my expectations.

Old 04-25-2008, 07:01 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Towing Needs

you should have the nivomat shocks and matched springs already with your AWD. you just the the hitch & harness from the dealer and you're good to go.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
alpo18

That is good news. Don't get me wrong but,.... if the shocks and springs are already on the AWD R/T and the hitch doesn't come with the Tow Package anyway - why is there an option for the Tow Package on it??? What difference would it make if it came with the package.

Thanks for the information. I am ordering the hitch tomorrow.

Old 04-26-2008, 10:21 AM
65standard
All Star

the trailer tow group option has severe duty cooling and a hidden harness.

you have heavy duty cooling (not severe) and no factory trailer harness.

Quick Reply: Towing Needs