Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

stereo help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 10:43 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo help please

i have 0 knowledge of stereos...please i need some help here. if i install amps with new speakers all around can i still use my stock headunit (i have the 6 disc changer boston acoustic setup). vice versa, can i change the headunit and install monitors in the headrests while running the stock speakers? i ask this because my current $$$ situation allows me to do one or the other. thanks in advance for your help.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:30 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: stereo help please

The stock radio is both bussed and has no A/V ports. I would not recommend doing anything with the stock head unit.

The speakers are basic auto use speakers, no reason you could not wire them to an aftermarket head unit. Most monitors don't have audio out so I don't know what you mean by wiring the stock speakers to them. You can wire them to the DVD player that the LCD's are wired to.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:25 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

you can get an FM modulator from Walmart about $20. You can use the headphone jack(if it has one) and just play it through the stock stereo. It's like going to the drive-in and tuning the radio. The sound is decent. Then you can also use it with a portable MP3 player if yo uhave one.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:44 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt the boston acoustic stereo come with an amp? can i connect an aftermarket headunit to the stock amp and power the speakers that way?

Old 01-24-2005, 06:35 PM
dodgemech
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, the factory amp is on the buss. Anything on the buss that you tamper with/modify/change or otherwise play with cause problems later if not right away. Besides the OE amp has no conventional RCA jacks.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
chefboyrlee
Professional

thanx for ur help! i guess i'll just have to shell out the big bux....

Quick Reply: stereo help please