Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Can you tune a magnum?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 05:04 AM
androdz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you tune a magnum?

Hi guys I have a mustang gt and I know with my sct I can set a custom tune for it. I was wondering if there are such things available for hte magnum my dad has. He has the K&N CAI and the superchips thingy with generic tunes. (we bought it @ rpm outlet so its a canned tune for sure) Are there any shops that sell the tunes? Also does any1 have long tubes for sale?

Old 07-26-2008, 01:11 PM
65standard
All Star
Default RE: Can you tune a magnum?

you can get a full dyno tune with CMR software and the diablosports predator. this is what i have. if you just get the predator, there are some canned tunes in it, plus you can modify their tunes for your needs. you can even get some mail order tunes with the predator. you would need to make a few datalogs with the predator and then email the logs to a custom tuner. they can email you back a custom tune.

good luck with the tune.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:41 PM
androdz

Who is the best shop that does that with the magnum? Are there any better forums this one looks kinda dead..

Andres

Old 07-26-2008, 05:56 PM
65standard
All Star

since your motor is stock, start with just the predator. it is way better than the superchip flashpaq tuner.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:43 PM
androdz

are there any shops that make tunning files instead of the canned tuned with the predator?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 PM
65standard
All Star

there are dozens of companies that do mail order tunes. frank racing does lots of mail order tunes based off your datalogs. here is a link to their site http://www.frankracinginc.com/

however, since your stock with just a cold air intake, the canned tunes are perfect for you. the predators 93 octane CAI tune shows a gain of 20RWHp. if you look at diablosports web site, they have a list of CMR tuners that can make a custom tune for your car. have a good one...

Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
jayboy

I know sct makes a tuner for the srt8 magnum... not sure about other models.

Quick Reply: Can you tune a magnum?