Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Tie rods

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Mississippi R/T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie rods

I've had my Magnum R/T for a little over 2 weeks now. It needs some help here and there, but it was a great price for an '06.
Right now I have a shake in the front end while driving and some light clunking on pot holes. When I remove the front wheels, I feel a slight tap and some movement in the inner tie rod (in the boot) Every where around is telling me; that is still a dealer part.
Are they right? where might I be able to get this from to stay away from the stealership?
Thanks guys

Old 09-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Dynatherapy
Default Magnum Tie Rods

I have not found them yet either and the Dealer is telling me they are on back order, so I would suggest getting them ordered soon if you think yours are on their way out.
If you get any hits on an aftermarket source, please share the info.
Thanks and good luck.

Old 09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Mississippi R/T

I never did find any aftermarket. But my dealer had a set in stock and they were only $48 each. Not too hard of a job. Got more than I thought I would with the parts. It is a ball joint in there and i got a new boot and clamps. You just have to make sure to keep your lock nuts from the middle of the sets. Is a fast job if you pay attention and don't put it together with out the clamps the first time.
This took a lot of shake and clunking out of the front end. Now I think it is the struts. The guys that had it before me did not know how to love a car. But... They weren't paying for it. The girl friend was.

Quick Reply: Tie rods