Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Sad Loss - 2005 Dodge Magnum RT

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008 | 09:28 AM
pebcak2000
|
Professional
Default Sad Loss - 2005 Dodge Magnum RT

Sad to say that my Wife's (mmtaylor) 2005 Dodge Magnum RT was stolen on July 25 2008 and has not been recovered as of September 1 2008. So we no longer have the his & her hemis . What's worse, we owed more on the car than what the car is worth (market value) and we did not have GAP insurance. Long story short, I am estimating that we will end up owing about $6k to 11K for a car we no longer have posseion of. I still have the 07 Charger RT so all is not lost per say. Right now the wife is driving our 'seasoned' 1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3.0L V6.....major downgrade to say the least.

Lessons learned:
1. Don't roll over negative equity from one car into another one. We traded in a 2005 Chrysler Pacifica with very little principal paid down to purchase the '05 Magnum.

2. LoJack may be worth the investment to secure / recover desired autos. (still looking into this for the Charger)

3. Invest in GAP insurance ....because you just never know.

4. Install automatic turrets to take out the SOB who wants to steal your car.

Once we pay off the remainder of the loan, we are not sure what we are going to get. Probably not another Magnum being that they are out of production and it may be a year or longer until the loan is paid off. Perhaps a Durango with a Hemi....not sure.

Old 09-01-2008 | 11:44 AM
jmccarr0n

Man, just reading this scares me. I just bought brand new 07 RT less than a week ago.

Old 09-01-2008 | 01:26 PM
65standard
All Star

you can always get a new challenger or another charger with the HEMI. sorry about your loss.

Quick Reply: Sad Loss - 2005 Dodge Magnum RT