Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

I have Aliens in my car

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:31 PM
LT1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have Aliens in my car

Okay I start my car last week and take off and notice my instrument panel lit up like Christmas lights and the speedometer needle jumping around, the fan on my heater stops and so does my radio. The car never dies though. All of a sudden it's ok - the lights go off and the speedometer starts working along with the radio and fan. I take it to my dealership and he says I need to spend 2695.00 on the Unified Body wiring Harness and I say when Hell freezes over I will. My car is only 3 years old and because I live in the country and drive the interstate daily I have 90k in miles but only 3 yrs old. He said he tapped on the trunk mounted PDC and duplicated the issue I see occassionally now. He stated I should be fine if I don't replace it will just be annoying. What does everyone think? I am thinking I may call Dodge twice daily until they make this a recall as my mechanic says this isn't the first time he has seen this. I am that annoying : )

Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
ocps9823
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the same problem with my 2005 RT. A friend of mine has also had the same issue.

I would not worry about it. If the car keeps running leave it.

I just don't care and try not to let it bother me. Ill keep the cash in my pocket until it becomes an issue where the car shuts off.

It does make your heart skip a bit when all the lights come on though

Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 AM
Carolina Magnum
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe me, I know the feeling! My wife's SXT has 19,400 miles; time wise; no warranty and we are having all kinds of electrical issues... too many to list. Our local dealer put in a new computer @ $848 and said car is really bad... they want to replace both front and rear fuse boxes, complete wiring harness at a cost of OVER $3600 with no guarantee that it will fix the problem. It starts sometimes, sometimes just turns over; ESP doesn't work, air bag light stays on, alarm light stays on, no turn signal indicators in dash, no interior lights, rear hatch won't open, key fob doesn't work, found shorted wire in rear fuse box...geesh... what a mess. On another forum a mechanic in Maryland is going to fix for FREE, parts only; we just gotta tow it up there! MAN, THESE FORUMS ARE GREAT!!! Nicest people, I've EVER met!
Jim

Quick Reply: I have Aliens in my car