Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Drove 2005 MAGNUM. nEED OPINIONS

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 02:24 PM
tmf2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove 2005 MAGNUM. nEED OPINIONS

wELL, i'M IN THE MARKET FOR A NEW CAR. i FINALLY TEST DROVE THE mAGNUN YESTERDAY AND LOVED THE CAR. i'VE SEEN THE CAR ALOT AROUND TOWN AND ALWAYS WONDERED HOW IT WAS INSIDE AND ITS DRIVABILITY. hAS THERE BEEN ANY SERIOUS ISSUES WITH THIS CAR. i'VE ALWAYS BEEN A FORD MAN AND WAS AIMING TOWARDS SOMETHING WITH SPEED AND A TOUCH OF LUXURY. i ALSO LIKE THE TL AND INFINITY G 35. I haven't diven those yet but will be very soon.

The magum was vey smooth on the road and its throttle response was all there when i floored it.(RT) model. I want something that is quick as well as reliability to. The car drove really well for the HP. The salesman said that you can buy headers and a chip to reach 400 HP? Also the torque was all there as well. I've never really considered Dogde before so I thought I would get some opinions from you dodge users. Also, the salesman said that mercedes is behind this car now so it can't be all that bad. Thanks tmf

Old 02-20-2005, 02:53 PM
kenowell
Default RE: Drove 2005 MAGNUM. nEED OPINIONS

Hi tmf2005,,, this is a dodge magnum forum thus we all love the car

Old 02-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Raxstone
Rookie

He was a salesman -- take what they say with a grain of salt. I can remember about 15years ago a Dodge salesman bragging that the new talon (he was claiming it was quicker than the new stealth r/t), had 400 hp just to try and make a sale. Yes exhaust will give a bit of a boost, and a chip (when a valid chip comes out) will help too. But to say that will give you 60+ hp is nonesense. The Magnum is a great vehicle though, lots of power, great looks and the practicality of a wagon too. Very hard to beat this vehicle for your money. Once the aftermarket industry gets moving, it can only get better.

Old 02-20-2005, 03:53 PM
tmf2005

yea I hear ya. The salesman was not that bad. He just mentioned the add on I could get for around 2900.00. He didn't haggle me one bid which i thought was curtious than other salesman. I 'm just wondering if the car is really relaible with all that HP. I personally thought the car was great. Suspension, interior, brakes especially, and HP. Your right you can't beat it for the money. 340 HP is plently for me... Thanks again tmf

Old 02-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Ram Job

ORIGINAL: tmf2005

yea I hear ya. The salesman was not that bad. He just mentioned the add on I could get for around 2900.00. He didn't haggle me one bid which i thought was curtious than other salesman. I 'm just wondering if the car is really relaible with all that HP. I personally thought the car was great. Suspension, interior, brakes especially, and HP. Your right you can't beat it for the money. 340 HP is plently for me... Thanks again tmf
The Hemi is a reliable engine. I wouldn't worry about that! Like the other response, I think the salesman needs a course in what add ons will relate to what HP gains.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:13 PM
mamas magnum

I got the sxt and we love this car, hauls the grandkids with style. First new car I've been excited about in 40 years. Preveously have had Chevys and Buicks.

Old 02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
FlatEric
Veteran

I used to swear by the Europeans, still do, but had to have this car when I first saw it's picture in Car and Driver. Waited until AWD was available, then ordered.

You could look at it this way, it's kind of like getting an AMG E55 (with or without 4Matic) at half price.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:23 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

TMF 2005,

This is great car.

For the combined looks and performance, this car has yet to be beat, at least for anything made past '73...

However, you will need an SRT type upgrade to reach 425 HP. Blower, Exhaust and reprogramming of the Computer should do it. Cost is still unknown. My cousin works for an OEM in Corona, they have already modified the 5.7 Liter Hemi for the Trucks, but they are a slightly different engine than the Magnums. 5.7 Liter Truck Hemi with Blower, Exhaust and Computer Modification breaks the tires loose doing 80 MPH down the freeway... (Remember the Truck doesn't weigh much in the back)

If anyone has any further information on these types of Modifications in Southern California, please list a new thread.

As soon as I get real details, I will post a thread. Right now it is still being developed, with just some cool stories to BS about. Although at the Christmas party, March or April was the date I was given back then...

[IMG]local://upfiles/10346/9E8294EBFF1248D9BA4B594F7C141A16.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2005, 04:24 AM
tmf2005

Well, I just read that the srt 8 magnum will be out in a few months i suppose. A 6.1 liter monster with 425 hp. Also this thing is going to have a heavy price tag to. You know as well as i do that the 340 HP is plenty fast. When i was at a dead stop at the traffic light i floored it and left all the other cars behind me in a matter of seconds. The torque is awesome. One last thing what is the 1/4 mile time for this vehicle.... Thanks tmf

Old 02-25-2005, 02:13 AM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some searches in here and I think you'd find mid 14's in the 1/4 at just under 100 mph is about normal. 0-60 is around 6 seconds (with practice I expect)

Mike

Quick Reply: Drove 2005 MAGNUM. nEED OPINIONS