Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

newbie question abou rims...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:54 AM
GTSTRF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie question abou rims...

o.k., i'm new here, so flame me if you will, but there seems to be no difinitive answer about stock r/t rims on awd magnums. i've seen the sxt with r/t rims on it. doesn't it stand to reason that they'll fit on the r't awd? i'm looking to pick up an '05 r/t awd today and MUST get rid of those stock rims!

Old 03-14-2005, 07:11 PM
done
Rookie
Default RE: newbie question abou rims...

ORIGINAL: GTSTRF

o.k., i'm new here, so flame me if you will, but there seems to be no difinitive answer about stock r/t rims on awd magnums. i've seen the sxt with r/t rims on it. doesn't it stand to reason that they'll fit on the r't awd? i'm looking to pick up an '05 r/t awd today and MUST get rid of those stock rims!
The AWD rims have a 55mm offset (RT or SXT), the non-AWD rims have a 24 mm offset. That is the difference and the issue that causes the discussion. The largest offset anyone has found on aftermarket rims is 45 mm, which may be close enough. I know of one other AWD owner who has just installed them, but he has not posted pictures yet.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:18 AM
GTSTRF
Default RE: newbie question abou rims...

thanks for the clarification. i thought that's what the deal was, but then i saw that some SXT owners put R/T rims on their rides - must have been the rwd models. it's all a moot point now since i bought an R/T last nite. love it. i now have a "dodge garage."

Quick Reply: newbie question abou rims...