Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

I really want one....

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Midnight Magnum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really want one....

I want a midnight blue RT. .. BAD!

I like my Roadmaster, but the fact that it's now 10 yrs old, it's showing it's age/mileage. If I am to find a Magnum that I want, I am afraid I will go to the wrong place and pay more money than I should.

I am not sure what to do as I've never bought a brand new car before. I've always stuck with cars 5+ years old. I checked Autotrader to see if there were any used 2005's under 30k but no luck.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:59 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: I really want one....

Midnight Magnum,
Simple. First, be sure not to go straight to the Dealer, as most (here in Southern California anyway) are marked up between $3,000 and $10,000 above sticker price. Then get on the Dodge.com website and search for Dealers in your area. Once you've located some Dealers, use the On-Line Stock Check to see what Dealers have RT's. This list will also show you the Colors and individual options each RT on the lot has, so you can choose where to go. Don't let them BS you, there are PLENTY of RT's out there. Most are parked in back, so they can sell you the one out front with a "Market Value" mark-up. I had to order mine on-line to avoid the 'Market Value" mark-up and wait for almost (3) months. Well worth it. Also, I hear that the 2006 RT's will start being made soon. If you got the dough, I strongly recommend ordering an SRT-8 Magnum. Wish I had more bread for one, but hey, I'm stoked I got this one. Let us know how your purchase adventure goes. If you are in SoCal, I could recommend a couple of Dealers that have RT's. I saw them myself (2) weeks ago. At least (6-10) RT's on each lot.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Jason.

I see that you are near Miami, you should have no problem finding what you want.

Just do waht Jimmy The Fuse says, it is good advice.

That is how I found and bought my RT here in Ocala, FL.

I ended up paying sticker price, but that was back in July. You might find a better deal now that the Magnum's have been out a while.

Search dealers inventory.

Bob

Old 03-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Midnight Magnum

Thanks guys, I'll start checking around. I just gotta have me a midnight blue with sunroof. Hey Jimmy, SRT8 is out of the question for me! But I don't mind. It's like buying a Mustang Cobra instead of the GT, but I was sitll happy with my GT (had 3 Mustangs).

Old 03-18-2005, 12:30 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Jason,

My local dealer here in Ocala, FL has 2 used magnums for sale.

http://www.rallyedodge.com/indexfacade.cgi

Both seem to be the Magnesium Pearl from the photos in our local paper, one is an SE and the other is an SXT.

SE $19,588 stock number 416960

SXT $23,995 stock number 417180

Happy Hunting,

Bob

Old 03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Midnight Magnum

I'm still wanting an RT though, just can't touch the SRT8

Old 03-18-2005, 04:31 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Midnight Magnum,
You are correct about the RT! Do not get a Magnum without the Hemi. In my opinion, it would not be worth it. Had an SE for a Loaner car, couldn't wait to get my RT back. Test drove the SXT, it had pep, but that's about it. Sorry to admit, but a ricer could take an SXT. Would need to be one hell of a ricer to take the RT. It's not just the Hemi, but the overall package as a whole. In your analysis, it would be like getting the Mustang with the V-6, not the GT. But I'm sure the Mustang doesn't weigh 4,200 Pounds either. Also, when you get the RT Package, in addition to a performance car, it's also a luxury car. Cool!

Happy Hunting, hope you get the Midnight Blue you are looking for, I saw an earlier thread that said they discontinued that color. However, it is still shown on the Website. But, so is my color, Mineral Gray, and I know for a fact that Mineral Gray has been discontinued. You should see the look on the Salesmen Faces when I drive into the Dealer. Looks like their staring at a Naked Lady tied to my car. [8D] Do you know that color has been discontinued? You want to sell your car?

Yea, right...

Quick Reply: I really want one....