Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Special edition group?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 05:12 PM
Canadian GP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special edition group?

Just found this on the dodge.com in the build section. Anyone order this or know what comes in this $1650 option?

Old 03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Canadian GP
Default RE: Special edition group?

N/M , found it myself.

Special Edition Group

$1,650

Package Value $2,245 featuring

No Charge Boston Acoustics Speakers

"Special Edition" Badge

AM/FM Radio with Cass/CD/6-Disc/MP3

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

1-Year Service Provided by SIRIUS

Call SIRIUS to activate@888-539-7474

Rear Cargo Organizer

Power Sunroof

6 Boston Acoustics Speakers

276-Watt Digital Amplifier

Old 03-28-2005, 08:43 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Canadian GP,

Basically, what the 'Special Edition' is, is an RT with an STX Drive Train. I have seen some of the Dealers put 20" Rims on their STX 'Special Edition' Models, but I believe they increased the price for the Rims as well. The RT Model has some options that are not available with the STX, besides the Hemi. Dodge created the 'Special Edition' to keep the STX consumers happy. Why, I have no idea. One theory I have came up with originated on a recent thread. I heard that Dodge cannot make anymore 2005 RT's, due to the V-8 to V-6 production laws, set by Uncle Sam. Seems that all the V-8's they are allowed to make have already been made, so they are starting to make the 2006 RT's already, or very soon. With this info., it would seem that they have some extra 2005 RT bodies around that they need to get rid of, all of the sudden, here comes the 'Special Edition'. More like the 'Left-Over Edition' But, hey, I have to agree that a 'Left-Over Edition' Badge where my 'Hemi' Badge is, probably wouldn't have sold as well. Basically, what the 'Special Edition' is, is an RT with an STX Drive Train.

Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 PM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie

Jimmy,

I think you have hit the nail on the head. Your interpretation of the ‘Special Edition’ strikes me as being a good analysis of the situation.
My order of a 2005 RT changed to a 2006. Dealer told me just what you said about the V-8 Hemi. No matter how much I bargained, even not doing a trade-in, they would not go below the MSRP. From what I hear about in different areas, dealers are putting a premium on RT’s up to $5000. That is incredible. Who would pay that much more for a car? Dealers are really pushing the SXT. Probably why they upped the price on the RT, to help Dodge out of their conumdrum, and get rid of SXT’s.

Bob

Old 03-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Canadian GP

Things are much different up here in Canada. Every dealership has 4-6 RT's in stock but can't keep SXT's around for very long. They never order an SE unless a customer wants one brought in.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
via500
Professional

MSRP and some at a premium over that??? You haven't done your legwork or this thread started way early. I did my legwork and found the one local dealer willing to deal (that means i drove around to ALL the local dealers and talked to EACH one - if you are NOT willing to do this pay what you will) - the one dealer I found was hungry for sales. I ordered mine on Oct 30 2004 at 1% below invoice, swapped for one that came in and drove it home Jan1 2005. If you need a dealer I can forward the name and even offer to split the incentive coupon they give out.
As for the special edition package - Mercedes does that with models right before model changeover to help boost sales to offset people waiting for the redesigned model. Now with RT sales way over projections and the Mexican engine plant way over loaded the SE package makes perfect sense.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:24 AM
MagnumSXT
Professional

You RT guys kill me. I WANTED an SXT, not an over-priced, over-hyped, boatancher RT. Maybe they're "trying to keep the SXT customers happy" because they know where their bread is buttered. You ever think of that?

Quick Reply: Special edition group?