Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

newbie need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:26 AM
konak232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie need help

hi to all. im new here and need you guy's help. i have a 2008 magnum RT AWD with self-leveling rear shocks and i'm planning to lower the vehicle but can't seem to find a kit for this. i've read in other forums that Eibach's kit for the AWD 300C's will fit just fine, is this true? how about the self-leveling shocks? how about cutting a piece/coil off the original springs, would that crack overtime?...any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM
MikeEast
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you change the springs out, the nivomat self-levelers will strain to return you to where -they- want you to be. You'll be needing to replace the shocks in this scenario.

I had the Eibach Prokits and loved them until the stock shocks gave up - took me about 40K miles to do it. I now have the Pedders Touring Kit, shocks and springs and it works just fine, as low as the Eibachs, maybe a tad more.

Mike

Old 10-23-2009, 02:46 PM
konak232
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tnx...

I looked up their website and I think I found the touring kit you're talking about. They have 2 types, but the other one ($799) was for the AWD, which will work for mine. A little pricy though, I guess I just have to save for it...mine is all stock and I just can't wait til I do my first upgrade by dropping it. How's the ride difference from stock compared to the pedders? By the way, I like how your magnaflows sound. I think intake and exhaust are my next project after lowering my magnum....thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by MikeEast
If you change the springs out, the nivomat self-levelers will strain to return you to where -they- want you to be. You'll be needing to replace the shocks in this scenario.

I had the Eibach Prokits and loved them until the stock shocks gave up - took me about 40K miles to do it. I now have the Pedders Touring Kit, shocks and springs and it works just fine, as low as the Eibachs, maybe a tad more.

Mike

Quick Reply: newbie need help