Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

how about a cam...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:54 AM
JetJam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how about a cam...

here is a link to press release, video, pdf and pic from COMP CAMS http://www.compcams.com/information/...ID=-1479403453

Old 04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Pentagon Magnum
Rookie
Default RE: how about a cam...

That Hemi looks like it may be out of an earlier truck...I've heard that those don't have the MDS system, and if so I wonder if that is adversely affected by the CAM. Not sure why they would offer three different types with different HP increases? Seems like if you're going to spend the money on installing a new cam, may as well go with the largest increase in HP.
Good post JetJam- maybe if these things really turn out to be good, I could see my car getting that upgrade

Old 04-04-2005, 06:32 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Jet Jam,
Which one is for the 5.7 Hemi? And what performance increase do they have? How much will they cost? Nice link, I want more info., as a Cam would be a very nice modification.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The trucks don't have the MDS yet (sadly) probably not until 2006. And that engine is off a truck.

Old 04-04-2005, 07:06 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

ORIGINAL: Pentagon Magnum
Not sure why they would offer three different types with different HP increases? Seems like if you're going to spend the money on installing a new cam, may as well go with the largest increase in HP.
Someone in another forum called them and asked about using these in a Magnum and got two thumbs up.

I think the minimal hp cam also outputs maximum torque. Towing applications. The midrange is perhaps for if you don't want to go ape$hit as that extreme cam has *got* to make the car shake and thrum at least a little at idle and lower speeds.

Going in for an oil change in about 1900 miles. Can't wait to hit the service manager with this. Even the low-HP/hi torque unit is a good buy.

Quick Reply: how about a cam...