Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Mixture Control at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 01:30 AM
magnuman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mixture Control at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)

viperracing, I didn't say 14.7:1 was rich, I said, "it is chemically perfect for combustion nearly optimum for emissions." Maneval69's dyno runs were rich, in the 11-12:1 range. A mixture in the range of 12.5-13.3:1 is best for maximum performance. Hope this clears it up.

Old 04-09-2005, 02:11 AM
maneval69

If I can hold out long enough to achieve the 150hr/700 mile and not install an exhaust, I will dyno the car again to see if it has leaned out any.
The dyno shop owner said when he installs high flow exhausts the engines run richer than before. He also said he is only sure about engines using Mass Air Flow systems. Any thought as to what the effect is on Speed Density systems? (As far as A/F ratio)

Also, I gained 18 hp and 9 ft.lb. by taking the air box and filter out of the way and was still rich. Most of the aftermarket intakes boast a larger diameter elbow hose. Would it not be logical that a larger diameter throttle body would net good gains? Or would the intake manifold negate the gains. (oh-yea, the 6.1 has a higher flowing intake manifold and probably a larger throttle body)
Will it bolt-up?

Old 04-09-2005, 02:23 AM
done
Rookie

ORIGINAL: magnuman

You cannot reduce it with the sensor in the loop, because it is already at a higher resistance. The way I am doing mine to richen the mixture is to hook the variable resistor in series with the sensor and increase (lower temperature/richer mixture) the resistance. I think I'd keep an eye on yours and see what happens when you get more miles on it. If it continues in that range I'd make a trip to the dealer. If it persists, maybe the O2 sensor(s) are bad or the PCM is not working correctly.
Actually if you could put resistance in parallel with the sensor you could reduce the overall resistance.

Old 04-09-2005, 03:57 AM
magnuman
Rookie

done,
True statement about parallel circuit. I didn't even consider that.

Quick Reply: Mixture Control at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)