Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Wet floor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:37 PM
Magman3
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet floor?

I went and had my Sirius installed a last week and the installer told me that my passenger floor board was soaked. He had seen the dampness a few days prior when installing my head unit and amp, but did not mention it because he thought that I may have left open my windows and the rain had got them wet. Has anyone else had this issue? I called the dealership immediately and told them of the problem. Of course their response was drop it off for a day or two. I don't want to part with my car, I bought it less than a month ago. Any ideas?

Old 04-20-2005, 12:01 AM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: Wet floor?

The rams had a issue with leaking windshields. Maybe it followed? I havent seen any probs here after 3 days of heavy t-storms. I havent looked for a leak, plus I had my windhield replaced already to a rock, so the factory windshield setin has been affected. You might try using a hose and see if you find anything out. Also have you driven through any deep puddles? Long time ago I had a car that leaked through the bottom door seal. For some reason they decided to put the computer under the passenger seat and I had to get it replaced.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Magman3
Professional

I hadn't thought about the windshield. I was thinking more along the lines of a leak in the engine compartment. I'm taking it next week to get it checked out.[:'(]

Old 04-21-2005, 12:49 AM
still443

It's possibly a plugged A/C overflow. I haven't scoped out where the overflows are on my Magnum, but on my C5, they were on the firewall and they had little 'bunched up' ends that got plugged and the condensation back-flowed into the passenger's compartment and soaked the passenger side floorboard. Since you're also in GA. I'm sure you've been running the A/C for a while.

Old 04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
MagnumSXT
Professional

A/C is what I was thinking too.

Quick Reply: Wet floor?