Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

OBD code not listed anywhere

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
The Gunny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD code not listed anywhere

Anyone ever see or have access to 2000 series codes? Mine 2005 magnum with 3.5 engine just popped a 2314 code this morning. Can't find any reference to it at all. A little history on the car if this helps?
86K (out of warrenty)
Thermostat housing was leaking, had local shop fix, but they installed a new thermostat that opened way too early. This had the effect of generating engine misfire codes, tranny shifting problems. I went in and replaced with yet another thremostat and now the temp is right where it is supposed to be between 180 and 190. Also installed new plugs. Those engine misfires haven't reappeared but now the car had problems in shifting this morning and generated an entirely new code of 2314. I think this may be a dealer specific code?

Any thoughts?

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

P2314-IGNITION COIL 5 SECONDARY CIRCUIT- INSUFFICIENT IONIZATION

For a complete wiring diagram Refer to Section 8W</B>.
  • When Monitored:
  • [*]
Possible Causes</B> (K343) ASD RELAY OUTPUT 2 CIRCUIT (K16) COIL CONTROL NO.5 CIRCUIT OPEN (K16) COIL CONTROL NO.5 CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND SPARK PLUG COIL ON PLUG PCM

Old 01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
The Gunny

Outstanding information and response! Now I have a much better idea where to look!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:51 PM
johnie5
Question CODE 2314 - new plugs

2005 ram 1500 5.7 - o2 sensor codes high voltage bank2 4wd indicaator light inop , manual transfer case - disconnected negative, installed new plugs at 35,000 intake and exhaust, disconnected main power to fuse box , removed plugs from bottom of fuse box (there was no corrosion) reinstalled plugs and main power lead. Cleaned main harness to body (behind left front wheel) Inspected plugs to o2sensors ok checked plug to sensor in top of transfer case ok , reconnected negative and started truck, hard code 2314 unexplained. can you explain the procedure for checking this? Is it possible that the new plugs caused this and the code will go away after the computer runs through a couplle cycles?

Any help is appreciated

jbl959809

Old 04-18-2010, 08:41 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@ johnie

when you replaced your exhaust, did you remove the cats? If so that is where your problem is.

If not, then post this over in the 3rd Gen Ram section. You will get much more help over there on your truck.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:52 PM
The Gunny
Thumbs up Original problem solved

Just wanted to pass along kudo's to Tizzie1 for the response. Once I pulled off the manifold, there it was just laying there disconnected. Reckon I pushed it on but it didn't click or catch firmly enough.

Changing the thermostat, new battery, and replacing the plugs solved all of my OBDC error messages including those indicating that my transmission was going to blow up. The above combination impacted all of the signals going to the tranny. Glad I didn't have to head into that one.

Also got ther manifold on and off in less that 30 minutes. Not bad as my beer didn't even get cold.

Again, THANKS TIZZIE1!!

SEMPER FI

Quick Reply: OBD code not listed anywhere