Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

New Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:54 PM
TxRide
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Pics

my tire is 110 mm tall - in 275/40 "40" is a hight as a % of width, so our tires are almost exactly the same higth ( 0.25 mm diff.)

pins were off the first time, as for spacer rings, don't have them. dealer i bought my rims from said it should not matter at all. also said that with these sizes of tires this is fairly common problem. he is pretty reputable here in tomball and i've seen they were trying really hard - first balancing took some 2 h with breaking down assembly and doing it with diff tires or rims only.
i know it defies logic, but i've seen it with my own eyes!
i really don't have heart to do it a third time...i just learned to go through shimmy speed range as soon as possible.

i guess i'll try spacing rings - what the heck...

Old 05-06-2005, 06:18 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

the rims are made by MHT alloys the make niche, neeper, driv, dub and foose. I wanted these but they are on back order and they cost 500 for one.
It's a good reason you didn't buy them then. I wouldn't buy those if they were made of diamonds and were gold laced! Too expensive IMO, or is that normal for a rim (single rim) [&:]

-Matt-

Old 05-06-2005, 08:10 PM
Magman3
Professional

I paid $400 a rim for my black Axis Ordems. For a 20" wheel of quality that is a fair price.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Magman3
Professional

I was pulling in my condo today and heard almost like a grinding sound coming from my drivers side, so I decided to investigate by driving past all of the garages and letting the sound echo off. Its not very loud, almost sound like there is interference somewhere because each time the wheel passes a certain point, it makes the "swishing" sound. Any ideas? It can't be the brakes, just got it lowered with new wheels. I don't know. I'm taking in the morning to the shop I purchased the wheels from.

Old 05-08-2005, 12:03 AM
johnnyb1911

got the rims and ordered springs for it. Its going to look good to me.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:39 AM
Magman3
Professional

Like I told you before in the other post topic, it looks good, but you can really see how much gap is really there from those pictures. Which kit did you purchase? What size tires did you go with. I love the low profile look, but I didn't realize how much gap they would leave. I went with a 245/45/20 and they sit pretty beefy for a 20", but I love them. Please don't think I'm ragging on your ride, it looks sick. I went through the same thing with my Mag. I put the 20's on and it just did not sit right unless I was planning on taking out in the mud. I had to beg and plee with my wife to lower it. I didn't have the money and had to charge it which goes against everything I stand for and preach to friends, but I had to do it. I want to see pics after you lower your Mag.

Brandon

Old 05-08-2005, 04:13 AM
qzking
Professional

butweet!
Where the heck are you. You have the info!
KK
ORIGINAL: chrisuscga01

If you guys are worried about scraping bottom, they do make airbag systems, not just the airbag, that actually act like hydraulics. so you can have it low or high depending on your mood or terrain you are going over

Old 05-08-2005, 04:15 AM
johnnyb1911

I had them put the 255-55-20 on but I did not like it. The tire looked like to much of a truck tire. I wanted to show off the rim more that tire. I when with the 255-40-20. I like it. with a 2inch drop it will like just fine.

Quick Reply: New Pics