Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

AstroShield Car Polish

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:44 PM
AJ_Gil
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AstroShield Car Polish

I tried a couple of different polishes on my R/T and haven't been real pleased with the results.
The cost of someting like Zaino Bros and not having a garage to do the clay-bar double coat deal was a hangup too.

I got a couple of cans of AstroShield (remember that??) polish on the internet years ago and always used it when I showed my wifes custom PT.
Well after wasting my $$ on some newer stuff (Maguars Tech Wax for one) I went back to the A.S. and "bingo" instant show shine!!
A good choice for a show shine on a budget.
I took it to a car show last weekend and everyone was going W.T.F. did you shine that with???

You may have to go on the internet to find it but it's worth a try

Old 05-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AstroShield Car Polish

AWESOME!! Thanks for the recommendation... I personally love the Tech Wax... I've used it on several cars and trucks... and it's fabulous. My dad has an 88 Jeep Comanche truck that was originally from AZ. The clearcoat is all baked off and whatnot, and the Tech Wax made it look 10X better. I use it on my truck lovingly... LMAO...

Why didn't you like it. And how much is the AstroShield run normally?

~Amanda

Old 05-02-2005, 03:43 PM
AJ_Gil
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AstroShield Car Polish

I did a Google and found this one of many links;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW

The tech wax was good, went on & off easy but the shine was just average on the new paint.
There's a couple of shots of my car in another thread here but I didn't shoot them to show off the shine or catch any highlights.
Check the lower drivers side of the car in the rear shot, that's maybe the best representation of the mirror finish there.

I'll say one thing about waxing the Vanilla white finish.
It's IMPOSSIBLE to see what you're doing putting on or taking off the wax.
White polish on white car....arrrrrgh!!!

Quick Reply: AstroShield Car Polish