Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

ESP BAS problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005 | 07:07 PM
Vanilla Shake
Default ESP BAS problem

I have read posts in the past concerning the the illumination of the ESP/BAS light on the dash. This situation renders all steering column controls (horn, wipers, signal lights, radio, etc) inoperative. Has any one who has had this problem received a definate fix from their dealer? Are there any TSBs relating to this problem?

Old 05-09-2005 | 07:14 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: ESP BAS problem

Vanilla Shake,
What is the cause for the ESP/BAS Light to come on? Is the cause also unknown?

Old 05-09-2005 | 11:12 PM
Vanilla Shake

No clue. At first it would do it intermitantley, now it has been on constantely for over a week. It used to go out after a re-start but not now.

Old 05-10-2005 | 09:17 AM
Inferno RT

ORIGINAL: Vanilla Shake

I have read posts in the past concerning the the illumination of the ESP/BAS light on the dash. This situation renders all steering column controls (horn, wipers, signal lights, radio, etc) inoperative. Has any one who has had this problem received a definate fix from their dealer? Are there any TSBs relating to this problem?

Vanilla, Don't know if this is the same problem but my wipers would work sometimes and then go off and noticed a flash on the dash but never could see if it were the BAS light. The dealer checked it out last Friday and ordered a new module. I'm going this morning to have it replace. I'll ask if this is the same as your problem.

Old 05-10-2005 | 06:46 PM
Inferno RT

Vanilla, They replaced the steering column control module and I still have the same problem. Now they are ordering the wiper switch. Sorry no help to you.

Old 05-10-2005 | 10:06 PM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain

Vanilla Shake,
I had to look at my car before replyomg again, but is the ESP / BAS Light on the Dash the 'Slippery When Wet' Auto Symbol that is located under the Temperature Gauge? That is the only ESP Light I can locate. What is BAS? My RT only says ESP, not ESP/BAS, did I get ripped off or something?

Quick Reply: ESP BAS problem