Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

paint care...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 AM
old Bob N.E. CA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paint care...

Another question for all you Magnum owners…

I received my 2006 Magnum after about 2000 miles of rail shipping, and then about 200 miles on road transport. My question is, just what does the factory put on the paint job, and what does the dealer do prior to delivery?

I want to start out with the best way to protect and keep the paint for a very long time. I have seen some fairly new cars with the paint looking like hell, and don’t want that to happen with my car. Is the rail dust thing as bad as I have heard?

Should I first wash with a strong detergent, and then start with applications like shown on the Adams web site video instructions?

In the past I never paid much attention to the finish of my cars, but with this one I want to keep it really looking sharp. (Magnesium Pearl).

Since I got this car you can’t believe how many persons have come up a said how much they like the car. One guy said that this is the best design of a US car that he has seen in 30 years. He is an old farmer that has a 1972 Mercedes 6.8 stored in his barn. He drives it about two times a month. I am not familiar with that particular car, but he said it has the same V8 engine as the Mercedes 600 limousine.

Everyone seems to like the Magnum. Dodge has made a car that appeals to a certain age group, or does all age groups like it? It is not a roller skate like most cars today, and does not cater to the environmental group… Halleluiah!!!

Old Bob

Old 05-14-2005, 03:25 AM
2005 Magnum R/T Hemi
Captain
Default RE: paint care...

Old Bob N.E. Ca.,

Paper. The body panels are covered in sticky paper to protect the car from the harmful crap they run through during transport. Just wash it, clay it and wax it. Repeat often... True, some products are better than others. Like the Best one is better than the Worst one. But it is the person applying that makes the difference. Take care and wash it nice. Dry it well. Clean under the hood to keep that Hemi clean... Dry the interior door and hatch areas. Use the Air Compressor Nozzel. Clean your windows spotless. Clean your leather. Wipe down the interior with a Low Shine Formula, as the dash is designed to have a dull glare, so the sun won't reflect off and blind you. Stand back and admire. Rinse and Repeat...

Old 05-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Rockadile
Rookie
Default RE: paint care...

ORIGINAL: 2005 Magnum R/T Hemi

Old Bob N.E. Ca.,

Paper. The body panels are covered in sticky paper to protect the car from the harmful crap they run through during transport. Just wash it, clay it and wax it. Repeat often... True, some products are better than others. Like the Best one is better than the Worst one. But it is the person applying that makes the difference. Take care and wash it nice. Dry it well. Clean under the hood to keep that Hemi clean... Dry the interior door and hatch areas. Use the Air Compressor Nozzel. Clean your windows spotless. Clean your leather. Wipe down the interior with a Low Shine Formula, as the dash is designed to have a dull glare, so the sun won't reflect off and blind you. Stand back and admire. Rinse and Repeat...
I think you can skip the clay bar in many of your repeated washings. This is not something that is done often. Most people only clay a couple times a year. I do it yearly.

Quick Reply: paint care...