Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Just Paid Off-Now a litany of problems start

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:07 PM
cpmgrp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Paid Off-Now a litany of problems start

'05 Magnum: ESP, BAS and ABS lights are always on, cruise control is intermittent (mostly not working) gas gauge is intermittent -not fixed that by doing the on/off with odometer pushed - also "brake" light is intermittent but goes off if I pull the parking brake lever. AM radio is fine, but FM is very staticky, signal is barely audible under the static as if the antenna is disconnected. I understand it's possible I have a brake problem (sometimes the front brakes are noisy/rumbly), but since this stuff is also dash-warning related there is also a possibility that the warning system is kablooey. I have also tried turning the wheel all the way rt/lft as suggested in another post. All this happened within a month of paying it off in Dec (wouldn't you know it). Car is equipped with front/rear batteries - I don't recall having a problem or disconnecting either, though I have jump started a couple of friends. Wheels/tires are stock. I have looked at a couple of similar posts without relief. Any thoughts appreciated from this new member.

Last edited by cpmgrp; 07-20-2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: update cruise

Quick Reply: Just Paid Off-Now a litany of problems start