Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

zoomers exhaust sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 11:05 PM
MattRobertson
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zoomers exhaust sound

ORIGINAL: qzking
Went to the link (thanks) and there are two clips. The first one titled 5.7 sounded great but the other clip sounded much more like the clip on the Zoomer site. I assume you are referring to the first clip.
Well I'll be danged. You know, listening to it now the 5.2 liter Dodge clip sounded more like what I had (but stronger). A real low, beefy burbling, where the 5.7 was 'beefier' (a totally unquantifiable term). I thought the *first* one sounded more Zoomers-like. Shows to go you how subjective this all is.
Sorry for being such a nerd but I'm getting a little confused. You we're talking about how great the Zoomer system was and then referred to IMCO's site. Can you put this in layman's (see idiot's) terms. Are you combining two mfg's stuff?
Perfectly understandable. My exhaust system mutated three times, and I'm talking about all stages of it here and there I guess. See the four stages of bliss at that link I posted further up in this thread (where stage 1 was stock and stage 4 is Zoomers... and like I said, that stuff is still in draft although I may get to work up the Stage 4 page tonite). At the present time I have a full Zoomers catback and I have no intention of changing it, ever. Next stop: headers.
Finally, are you coming down to the Hunt. Bch. meet & greet on the 11th? I know it's a long way but we could probably all kick in for the fuel and I'll put you up at my house for a night too. Would love to see/hear your ride and meet you as I'm sure others would.
Thats very kind of you, but I'm afraid I can't make it. I love the drive (who doesn't in this car) and it'd probably be fun to do PCH on the way back up, but a)I didn't have a clue it was even going on and b)I got work scheduled thats gotta get done. One of the criminal elements of owning your own business is you don't get weekends off a lot of times. Gotta take the billable hours while they're dangling in front of you as you never know if they'll be there next quarter...

Life ain't all bad. I'm taking the laptop up to my Mom's in Monterey this weekend. The dealer is next door in Seaside and its time for my 6000 mile oil change/tire rotation on Monday morning. I'll be working at my other office for at least a couple hours this weekend.

http://mysecretbase.com/Workplace.cfm

I really do put in a few hours there. Technology is an amazing thing.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:20 PM
qzking
Professional

M.R.,
Checked out your web site. Nice work area! Played Pebble, Spyglass, & Spanish Bay back in 86 just a couple of weeks before he US Open. What a spot. Understand about the "owning your own business" reference. Had 3, sold 2 in 1997 and now just do an annual RV show in Quartzsite,AZ. (see www.quartzsitervshow.com BTW - I built the site myself with no experience so don't be too critical!) Well, when I get my SRT8 I'll be picking your brain some more.

Thanks for all the great info you provide!
KK

Old 06-04-2005, 03:57 PM
MattRobertson
Professional

when I get my SRT8 I'll be picking your brain some more.
I think I'll need to drive it several hundred miles to properly assess it

Old 06-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Hemi_Hearse

I listened to both exhausts and liked them both. I am very uneducated about exhausts, about cars in general but want to hop up my ride. Can you guys answer me a couple questions in layman's terms...

I know there are headers, pipes, catalytic converters, mufflers and resonators and tips. What would I need to do to both gain performance and that throaty exhaust I heard in those clips. Would the complete Magnaflow exhaust do it, I have read the Borla system is built for performance rather than sound. Would these questions be better directed to a muffler shop. If so, which ones rank better for this kind of work (loaded question, I know). Should I stay away from the chains and stick with a small shop? Lot's of questions... thanks y'all.

Quick Reply: zoomers exhaust sound