Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Cold air intakes

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 08:16 PM
rahbelo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cold air intakes

Has anyone tested cold air intakes for Dodge magnums? Looking for a little more horse power for my '07 SXT. There are a lot of products out there just trying to narrow down the field.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a K&N cai on my RT and it made some difference. Can't say as to how much as I am not one of those guys who does mpg math. Can definitely hear the air flow as the cone takes in more air.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:22 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Go to Moe's Site and there are a few Options and some Dyno notes I beleive. Was lookin there today for one for my 05 R/T.!

Old 11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
honu
Amateur

Originally Posted by rahbelo
Has anyone tested cold air intakes for Dodge magnums? Looking for a little more horse power for my '07 SXT. There are a lot of products out there just trying to narrow down the field.
Generally speaking, adding a CAI on an otherwise stock engine will result in minimal gains, if any. After installation, you may feel some increase in HP, however the computer will quickly re-learn the parameters and b ring everything back into stock specs. You "could" see some improvement in mileage, but nothing really significant.

To really see the benefits of a CAI and other mods of that sort, you'd have to install an after market tuner, such as a Predator. With the tuner, you set the tuning parameters and take advantage of intake and exhaust mods.

I have an '07 R/T. Rather than spending a considerable sum of money on an after market intake, I modded mine by using a "Dremel" tool and cutting out the bottom of the stock air box. I left the sides intact in order to act as shields, reducing the amount of hot, engine compartment air, allowed into the intake system. I added a "drop in" K&N filter.

I don't have a tuner and saw no appreciable HP increase, however the throttle response is a bit quicker.

I did replace the resonators at the back of the exhaust system, they are VERY restrictive. Sounds much better, mellower... but again, no significant gains, though I did see some increase in mileage.

Quick Reply: Cold air intakes