Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Speed Control Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 05:22 AM
NJRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Control Problem

I have a 2005 Magnum Hemi built 2/2005 with about 800 miles. The speed control worked fine until this afternoon. The vehicle would set and hold the desired speed, accelerate if you pushed the lever towards accelerate and decelerate if you pushed the lever towards coast, but the tap up accelerate and tap down decelerate features stopped working. Now the speed control won't operate at all, but there appears to be power to the system because the light on the switch illuminates. Is there anything I can check or does it sound like a trip to the dealer is necessary? I have access to a Snap On OBD scan tool if it would help.
Thanks
NJRT

Old 06-12-2005, 11:41 AM
MagnumRT
Captain
Default RE: Speed Control Problem

I have almost 10,000 miles on my RT, have had no problems with the cruise control or anything else.

No ideas on what is causing it to fail.

Have you contacted DodgeMech here on this forum?

Bob

Old 02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
allaboutr1

Im have a similar problem but the cruis is not working at all the light is on but it just don't work any idea what i should do

Quick Reply: Speed Control Problem