Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

07 Magnum SXT A/C Fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 01:39 PM
malhovic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 07 Magnum SXT A/C Fix

Hey Guys,

Been viewing the forums for quite some time so thank you for all the help you've provided thus far!

As the title states, I have an 07 Dodge Magnum SXT which isn't providing any air conditioning. When I pop the hood, the compressor isn't being engaged by the clutch when I turn the A/C on. For previous history, the A/C had been getting weaker and weaker last year until when I needed it this year and it wouldn't work at all.

I don't have the cash-o-la to pay to get it completely repaired so I would like to just get a can (or more) of R-134A to refill the system myself just to get the A/C in working order until I can afford the actual fix.

That all said, where is the low side on an 07 Magnum. I have a pipe next to the driver side shock tower at the very top of the engine that is black with a yellow dot on it. I can't read what is written on the cap so I am not 100% sure if that is the one I am looking for. I've worked on my car in all other aspects (save for replacing the intake manifold solenoid since I couldn't find one online to purchase) so I would like to give this a shot myself.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated here. If anyone has any pictures of where the valve is along with the steps to take (and maybe a recommendation on what to buy from AutoZone, etc.) would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Malhovic

Old 08-15-2011, 02:48 PM
malhovic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have any help on this?

Do you have a diagram on how to jumper the A/C Compressor to force it to run when charging the system?

Quick Reply: 07 Magnum SXT A/C Fix