Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Passenger Air Bag Light

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 12:14 AM
theoppositeofsuicide
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Air Bag Light

When nobody is sitting in the passenger seat when I'm Driving the air bag and seat belt light come on and half every few minutes and then it just stays on until I turn off the car or someone gets in. I know the manual says the light will come on but i'm not so sure it should come on and off like it does.J ust wondering if anybody had any input on this. Thanks.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:47 PM
MattRobertson
Professional
Default RE: Passenger Air Bag Light

Yeah this is a not so uncommon problem. I had it for awhile and it went away.

The PCS (Passenger Classification System) weight sensor is off by a bit and is causing the warning lights to go off. I solved mine temporarily by putting my briefcase on the seat and belting it in. The dealer can fix it by recalibrating the sensor. Is a simple job from what I hear.

Old 07-16-2005, 08:04 PM
tenntech
Professional

It does sound like the seat is out of calibration. Leaving something in the seat overnight, wedging something under the seat, or a rear seat passenger pushing foward on the seat can mess up the calibration. A local dealer will recalibrate the seat under warranty.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:12 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker

To echo the other posts, I had the same thing happen. It was a 30 min fix. They use three weights to calibrate the computer. Nice feature, but I would rather have the on/off switch like the Ram did. but I guess too many people had it on or off in the wrong times and hurts someone or deplayed when it wasnt needed.

Quick Reply: Passenger Air Bag Light