Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

05 Magnum RT TCM Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM
choppy74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 Magnum RT TCM Malfunction

I got the 0700 code with no other codes (had the code read with an appropriate reader). Car was stuck in 1st gear for a 10mile drive, 20mph due to rev-limiter (no slipping or warning just left the gas station and it would shift). After being off for 20min I drove it 5miles and all was well, shifted through all gears as normal. The next day I went to drive it it wouldn't go into gear at first...shifter moved but nothing happend, no reverse, no 1st. Cycled ignition and it went into limp mode. Let it set for a day then drove it and it would do the dead shift or 1st or limp mode (random). So, I bought a used 06 Charger SRT8 TCM 04692392AI (was told AI,AG, and AE were compatible) for $50 as a first troubleshooting step. Does anyone know where the TCM is located or have step by step pics of a replacement? Also, has anyone had this problem?? Am I on the right track? I'm new to the forum and just bought my magnum about 6wks ago. Any help is appreciated. Here's a link to the pic of the TCM I purchased: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzY4WDEwMj...wdg~~60_12.JPG

Old 09-16-2011, 11:06 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

For a NAG trans, the TCM is up under the driver's side knee bolster panel. Left of steering column. There was a TSB concerning the wiring from it rubbing on the parking brake assembly bracket. If a BUS wire rubs, it sure could cause some issues. I have ran into about 5 in the last year with this issue. When you get in there you'll see how the wiring loops and lays against it.

P0700 is just a code in the PCM that tells you there are TCM codes. Top get those you'll need more than just a basic scanner/code reader.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-16-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:15 PM
choppy74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealership said p0778 shift pressure solenoid...said it need replacement totaling $1000...local shop said they would do it for $425...is this a code that the wiring could throw?

Quick Reply: 05 Magnum RT TCM Malfunction