Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Eibach wheel spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Magmania
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach wheel spacers?

Does anyone out there have any experience or knowledge about the wheel spacers. There intent is to push your tires outward inside the well. I'm not looking for anything extreme. Just a 1/2" or so. I have heard that they are very unsafe and if so why would eibach market them?
If anyone has any insight on this i would very much appreciate it. Thanks

Old 09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
356MAGNUM
Record Breaker
Default RE: Eibach wheel spacers?

1/2" seems a lil extreme to me. One thing to remember that the space will take away the amount of threads that are in the lug nut. I have used spacers before, but it was only 1/4". Now if you can find rim that has a 1/4" more front/back spacing and then use a 1/4" spacer, you should be safe. The only bad thing I have heard about spacers is that the cheap ones were cast and tended to crack. If the spacers are billet, then the should last forever, but of course more $$$.

Old 09-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Magmania
Veteran

Hey... thanks for the input. I'm not entirely sure of the 1/2". I was just throwing out an eye ball estimation. But thanks again.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:05 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

I would not use any wheel spacer...................period.

Get the correct rim you need or do without.

Bob

Old 11-21-2005, 06:21 PM
JSkwarek

Wheel spacers are bad mojo if you are going to put any kind of torque or stress on the wheel. My idiot brother put them on his race car a few years ago because he wanted a set of rims that were not the correct off set and not only did he screw up his suspension he sheard all of the lugs off one wheel after doing a burn out at the track. Luckily he wasn't running down the track but comming to a stop.

Jeff

Old 11-24-2005, 11:19 AM
strippedhemi
Veteran

First there a wheel adapters and wheel spacers. Spacers are OK up to 1/4" on stock lugs, up to 1/2" with longer studs installed. Its still best to get the right wheel in the first place though by far. Spacers essentially are just big washers.

Adapters are a totally different animal. I wouldnt use them in any case for any reason. They can be used to move original wheels out 2 or more inches, or adapt a different bolt pattern wheel to your hub. THESE are what you always hear of breaking, studs popping out, etc. I wont even knowingly ride in a car with adapters except on slow city streets.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:17 AM
greygoose

thats news to me, i didnt know eibach was selling spacers. i would stay away from them unless you absolutely have to have a particular wheel. another pitfall that wasnt mentioned above, is possible wheel vibration because the backpad of the wheel isnt flush to the hub. something to consider.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 AM
FlatEric
Veteran

Check this link, but they don't list them for Magnum or 300C, just Neon and Crossfire. There are pictures of a Passat and a Mustang with them installed. I would think this would be like having too little + offset on your wheels, moving them out, which I've read adds extra stress onto the suspension components, wheel bearings, etc.

http://www.autoanything.com/suspensi...A2607A0A0.aspx

Quick Reply: Eibach wheel spacers?