Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Gas fumes

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:04 AM
MEAN_INCA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 DODGE MAGNUM R/T 5.7 (Gas fumes IN CABIN)

I have a 2007 dodge magnum r/t 5.7 im having gas fumes in the cabin and not sure where its coiming from. I have checked the engine comartment and under the car for gas leaks and everything looks good. I did some research online and found out the pcv valve might be the problem so i replaced it. Researching further i have read that the gas tank vent line might also be the problem.

If anyone knows a solution to my problem. Please help....

Thank you, edgar

Last edited by MEAN_INCA; 11-11-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:56 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

The fuel pump accesses are under the rear seat bottom. Pull that up and look for air leaks through the covers or evidence of fuel under the covers.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:17 PM
Brother.Dave

Happened on mine, cost close to $500 mostly in time. Replaced electric fuel pump, still stank, so the mechanic examined every inch of the fuel line - nothing. Then they took a magnifying glass to the nipple on the fuel pump; sure enough it had hairline crack where the fuel line joined it. Fume free for several weeks , then started getting the odor again (two fuel pumps in the Magnum R/T: one electric, one siphon). I was rolling 100k, clock spring sprung, fuel/voltage gauges & radio not working. Not going to go through that again. Traded for 2010 Certified Lexus RX350 w/19k miles.

Old 11-10-2013, 03:26 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Brother.Dave
Happened on mine, cost close to $500 mostly in time. Replaced electric fuel pump, still stank, so the mechanic examined every inch of the fuel line - nothing. Then they took a magnifying glass to the nipple on the fuel pump; sure enough it had hairline crack where the fuel line joined it. Fume free for several weeks , then started getting the odor again (two fuel pumps in the Magnum R/T: one electric, one siphon). I was rolling 100k, clock spring sprung, fuel/voltage gauges & radio not working. Not going to go through that again. Traded for 2010 Certified Lexus RX350 w/19k miles.

Yep, now that you fixed it, you get to start all over again depreciating and making payments. 500 bcks isnt even one car payment for some people. Congrats on your new Toyota.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Brother.Dave

Oh, believe me, I'm well aware... and that's fancy Toyota to you ;<)
I loved my Maggie and was always aware that I'd have to spend money to keep it - but a lot less than a new car. But at my advanced age, I probably have one last car in me and this one became available. But if Dodge starts making Magnums again, I'll be there with my fancy Toyota to trade.

I hope my answer was of some assistance to the Mean Inca.

Quick Reply: Gas fumes