Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Exhaust suggetions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 01:15 AM
knickknack22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust suggetions

Hey guys, I've been surfing the web high and low for different aftermarket exhausts for my magnum rt. So far, the ones that jump out at me are magnaflow, flowmaster, Borla and zoomers.

I just was hoping someone could give me some points as to which system would better suit my wants since I really can't hear them all in person. I want something with a nice deep and throaty sound and fairly lound. I want it to rumble pretty loud at idle and louder when I get on it. Something to most closely replicate that 60s/70s muscle car sound. I don't see my magnum as a grocery getter/family car so I don't want it to sound like one.

I've heard that zoomers sounds like an Italian sports car, believe it or not, that kind of turns me away as any lambo or ferrari I have ever heard had a low rumble, not that 60s muscle car sound. Are zoomers loud in comparison to the others? Should I not be turned away from zoomers?

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it, I have read all the threads on this site and others that I could find on exhausts and I'm still not sure about which one to go with. I just dont want to lay out over a grand for an aftermarket exhaust and then be dissapointed. I should also note that I'm only interested in changing anything after the catalytic converter (just want a catback system, no changing headers or anything).

Thanks guys
-Jordan

Old 10-11-2005, 11:10 AM
AJ_Gil
Rookie
Default RE: Exhaust suggetions

Man there are so many variations, maybe we should start a thread where guys can post wave files.

It's easy to get the volume but that "'60s sound"??
I honestly think you need headers to really get that "thump".
I have Magnaflows and I think Grinner has added headers. I'd sure like to hear the differance.
At first I didn't have the secondary rear mufflers.
It had a nice loud sound but without that header pop combined with the dreaded "drone" I added glasspacks in the back to tone it down.
A nice sound now but not what I think you're looking for.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:45 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

Ive heard a few catback aftermarket systems, and most to me sound weird when the MDS kicks in. I left my OEM muffler and took off the rear resonators. Barely increased volume, but has a throatier sound without them.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:30 AM
MOPOWER

I installed a Dynomax cat-back system, and it sounds pretty good. only thing I don't like is the exhaust tips, but there comming off soon.

Old 10-17-2005, 12:24 PM
MagnumRT
Captain

Can't beat Flowmasters for that great sound.........................

Bob

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggetions