Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Aftermarket double din won't turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 05:01 PM
dodgemagrod13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket double din won't turn off.

Hello fellow Dodge Magnum drivers. I currently replaced my radio on my Magnum SXT 3.5 with a pioneer avh-p4400bh ordered the bezel and scosche harness, connected everything exactly the same as previous connection with the whole lighter cable to red 12v cable on radio but wouldn't turn on, so i tried the extra yellow cable and that turned it on but now it won't shut off! getting really annoyed and been looking up stuff to fix the problem but no luck yet maybe someone can help me.

Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket double din won't turn off.-img_0057.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 10:17 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't remember exactly as it's been along time ago, but I think you need a canbus bypass cable. The factory radio is connected to the computer so you have to buy an additional cable to trick it. I had my radio installed at a garage so I don't have anymore details than that.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
dodgemagrod13

Yea thats where I'm stuck. I had done the whole set up a while back and I just wanted to upgrade to double din, reconnected everything to how it was with single din but now it doesn't turn off. I have the cable that connects from lighter underneath the temp controls to red cable to deck but it wouldn't turn on unless I connect the yellow cable.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does it shut off when you hit the power button on the radio?

I ask because the lighter port may be on all the time, even when the car is off. If you can shut the radio off by its own power button, then that is you problem. You tapped into a source that has continuous power and need to find somewhere that powers off when the key is off. I did this once and just had to move my power wire to something else.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:14 PM
dodgemagrod13

Ok so how I installed it first was this; yellow with yellow black with black red with red on radio that didn't turn it on so i tried the bypassed cable from the cigarette lighter on console and that didn't turn it on either (with or without ignition on and doors closed) so i connected the extra yellow cable from scosche harness to the red cable of radio and it turned on without car on, but stays on and i have to turn the unit off manually. Im sure the day will come when i will forget to turn it off and it will drain my battery, i just want to figure out how to install it to where it turns off when i shut off car and open driver door how it used to with old radio. Of course my last option will be to take it to a pro and pay $100+ (really don't want that option).

Quick Reply: Aftermarket double din won't turn off.