Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Strange Vibrations: Help!

Old 05-28-2015, 03:54 AM
DafTekno
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange Vibrations: Help!

Hello,

I've been getting strange vibrations on my '05 Magnum R/T ever since I bought it in 2010.
Like a wheel slightly out of balance, not distinguishable to the front or rear.

Sometimes it's very pronounced, other times almost gone.

The other day, whilst cruising at 110 km/h, I got a very significant vibration, as if a wheel or propshaft bearing was about to collapse.
(It appeared to be at the same speed of a road wheel. I initially thought it was a variation in the road surface...)
If I accelerated or overran, it made no difference to the vibration's intensity.

I stopped, got out to check that no wheel was about to fall off, got back in and drove off, after which the drastic vibration had gone.

Later on, the same thing happened.
I stopped, shifted to Neutral for 10 seconds, then drove off again, and the vibration had gone again.

I now think this occasional significant vibration is the same vibration I've had all along, just far more pronounced.
But I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

All I know is that, sooner or later, it's going to be the momentary signaling of a catastrophic failure of some moving part or other.

Can anyone offer any insight into my situation?

Thanks - D

Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts

Get the wheels rotated and balanced for starters.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Strange Vibrations: Help!