Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

2006 magnum 3.5 abs breaking problem mystery

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 01:02 AM
jerehal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 magnum 3.5 abs breaking problem mystery

Problem is if i press little bit harder breakpedal, the car lock all tires. And release them when car stops.Summer you have push it pretty hard to lock the brakes, but in the winter it locked very easily. it doesn't give any codes and no lights aren't on. Dealer doesn't know what's the problem. i live in finland so the dealers are pretty ignorant of american cars. This is the problem to me in winter time. i have been driving without abs fuse, then brakes work just normal. But i want to my traction control back.
Do any of you know similar problem with solution.

Old 02-15-2016, 03:56 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

my guess is the abs pump and module are the root of the problem. If the service brakes were the issue, the problem would be present even with the abs fuse removed. If it was a sensor problem only the effected wheel would lock, not all 4. I assume this car uses a 4 channel abs system?
I do not know how to test for this.

Old 02-15-2016, 04:05 AM
jerehal

same said dealer. so i have changed the abs pump and module. didn't help. It's hard to know where to problem is, becouse it don't give any codes. Need to chance part by part. That's why i asked here if anyone have had the same issue.
my guess is that it's something to do emercency breaking.

Old 02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
primem
Record Breaker

I can't see how. the e-brake is mechanically operated. pulling the abs fuse will have no effect on its operation. 2ndly, the e-brake is only on the rear wheels.

I have seen overly sensitive brakes on early 2000 cavaliers...which would prematurely lock the rear brakes. the problem was contaminated brake linings. replacing the shoes fixed the problem.

Old 02-16-2016, 12:19 AM
jerehal

oukei, good to know. It have to do something with abs system. becouse if fuse is disconnected the problem is gone.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:49 AM
primem
Record Breaker

yep
try identifix. it is a pay site but you may be able to get a short term subscription for a small fee. They do have a lot of information.

Quick Reply: 2006 magnum 3.5 abs breaking problem mystery