Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

right pull ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 01:50 PM
raffman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default right pull ?

Haven't seen anything lately about this but our magnum has had this since day 1. Four attempts by dealer to fix and same problem. DC engineer is supposed to meet with us this week, told dealer we don't want the car. what can I expect now ?, anyone been through this. ny state lemon law says 4 attempts and they have to buy back. any body??????????

Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain
Default RE: right pull ?

There is a TSB on aligning the subframe cradle to increase the caster on the right side by about .75 to 1.25 degrees. Works like a charm.

Old 11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
raffman

Yeah I know, done that also replaced rack, tried different settings with 4 wheel align with the engine craddle. Sometimes seemed to be better at first but its back and just as bad. Definatley not crown sensitivity either, my 02 silverado with a 4/6 drop and big boyd wheels has it and its not the same. 20 miles an hour it will pull right, highway speed you are constantly corecting. It worries me that it will only get worse as time goes on .

Old 11-09-2005, 06:37 PM
strippedhemi
Veteran

How long have you had it ? Try out some of the other ones they have and if you cant feel the pull in one of them, offer to trade it if its got similar equipment. Maybe they will just charge you something like lease milage for what youve put on it. Your far more likely to get that deal than have them give you the money back. They obviously worked with you in good faith, so be negotiable. And no, lol, I dont work for a dealer.

Old 11-18-2005, 12:42 PM
CarFinish
Rookie

I just bought a used 05 RT and noticed this condition one day...don't know if it was the road. I have noticed that the front end on this car is extremely sensitive to the different road surfaces...Also noticed that when slowing down form high speeds the brakes want to make a dull drone type noise; and the rotors look to be brand new Bosch's. I believe this is from the right front rotor/caliper. there could be an issue with the front calipers on these cars. I don't know... but as others, I hate dealing with the dealers because they probably will give me the run around[:@]...If I do anything about this I will follow up.

Stellino

Old 12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
raffman

Whats up with the magnum right pull problem, used to be lots of info on this website , can't seem to find much now. this is a big problem on the early manufacture date cars, people have reported buy backs, where's the posts? are they being removed for a reason?

Old 12-06-2005, 02:20 AM
kww

We bought a used SE with 20k miles, had this problem. The CLEAR difference is that the wheel will turn itself to the right... on a car with good alignment, the car follows the crown but does not turn the wheel that way (unless it is a severe crown).

TSBs are listed on another part of this site. NHTSA web site lists them also. Here are the TSBs which are either related or describe the cradle alignment issue:
Bulletin #: 0200304, NHTSA #: 10007925, Date: 05/25/2004
“Vehicle leads to the right.â€
Bulletin #: 0200304 NHTSA #: 10013692
“RIGHT LEAD/REVISED ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS. 2005-2006 CHRYSLER 300/CHARGER/MAGNUM.â€

We had to pay for the full alignment, then get it reimbursed by the dealership because they wouldn't put it on the rack otherwise... Stupid but it fixed it for us.

Kris

Quick Reply: right pull ?