Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Exterior lighting: Error codes: Which cause them..? Fog lights: 45w to 55w ok..?

Old 05-12-2016, 08:35 PM
DafTekno
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exterior lighting: Error codes: Which cause them..? Fog lights: 45w to 55w ok..?

Hi,

I'm about to upgrade the headlights and sidelights on my Magnum.
I've heard that if you alter the resistance of, say for example, the headlights (i.e. you've taken the halogen bulbs out and have fitted an HID kit), then the computer can sense the difference in resistance and thinks a bulb is out, and flags an error message accordingly.

Does anyone know if this bulb out sensing is limited to just the headlights, or does it cover all the exterior lights?

I want to augment my sidelights with the halos in my projector headlight units, but don't know if the difference in resistance will cause an error flag.

Also, I'm thinking of upgrading my fog lights to projectors also with halos.
But they come with 35w H3 bulbs.

The stock fog light bulb is a 9145 45w unit.

I can find H3 55w bulbs, but not 45w ones.

Can the fog light housing / wiring / fuse handle the slight increase from 45w to 55w, or will things start to blow / melt..?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks - D

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Exterior lighting: Error codes: Which cause them..? Fog lights: 45w to 55w ok..?