Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Complete Suspension Refresh?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 05:13 PM
Allen Clark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Complete Suspension Refresh?

Hello, I'm currently looking into doing a complete suspension refresh on my 06 R/T RWD Magnum, (Just got a new set of tires on it, with the old set having uneven wear) It has 270k miles on ALL original suspension and its getting kinda sloppy, I'm wondering what would be the best, most cost effective route, I'm thinking about changing everything to polyurethane bushings (I'm looking to tighten up all the suspension i.e. get rid of all the play in it, more performance oriented) , how challenging would it be to do replace all the bushings?

Or would you recommend just going with some (10-14 piece) total replacement kits like the ones on Ebay?

(P.s. I just got a new 2016 Challenger and love how tight and precise it feels and hope to bring some of that feeling back into the Magnum)

Old 07-04-2016, 05:42 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Rock auto. Moog. Best out there IMO.

Old 07-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Allen Clark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Rock auto. Moog. Best out there IMO.
Have you had experience replacing the bushings themselves? I'm curious as to what a task it would be.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:01 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Sway bar bushings are easy. Control arm bushings are a bit more of a task since you have to disassemble the front suspension. I would recommend inspecting them first to see if they even need to be replaced.

Quick Reply: Complete Suspension Refresh?