Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Magnum
Reload this Page >

Dodge Magnum 2.7 Spark Plug removal

Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dodge Magnum 2.7 Spark Plug removal

Old 08-11-2016, 02:32 AM
Tamer987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Magnum 2.7 Spark Plug removal

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum. I'm having some trouble removing the spark plugs from my 2005 2.7 magnum. I can get to all 6 with no problem but the issue is that non of my sockets will grab any of the spark plugs. Is there a special thin walled socket I need to buy? If so, how do I get one? I can't seem to find any info on this vehicle and I just bought it. It seems like the plugs fall in to a cylinder that is too thin for a normal socket to fit inside to grab it.

So far it has 108k miles, drives and sounds healthy. I'm just getting ALL of the maintenance out of the way so I can rest easy (and seems like the previous owner took good care of it) but this spark plug draw back is a downer.

Also, I've read a lot of info on this motor stating that it is prone to failure. I like to believe that as long as I keep up with the maintenance, it will be a reliable vehicle for me and my family. Can anyone help me rest easy to know that's the case or will the motor give me problems no matter what I do to maintain it??

Thanks in advance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Magnum 2.7 Spark Plug removal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: