Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

RT Transmission failed - 2nd time

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005 | 08:07 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain
Default RE: RT Transmission failed - 2nd time

I feel your pain on this one. The NAG1 transmission is a proven design and is very simple to teardown and overhaul. There is an issue out there right now about water getting into the transmission thru the dipstick tube. We, as dealers, cannot order any parts or trans assemblies without authorization from tech line. They have us trying everything under the sun to repair the unit. I had one in the shop for two weeks before the finnally sent us a complete unit out of the box.

Poor buisness decision if you ask me. When I worked for Volvo, if a new engine or tranny design failed, you could ONLY replace the whole thing. Volvo wanted it back for sampling before anyone had their hands in it.

Old 12-23-2005 | 02:33 AM
CraigInCT

I've had the car back for a few weeks and I think they got it right. I've experienced much better performance than the previous rebuild and even better than when I got it new. My local dealer did give me a loaner (sxt awd) for the duration of the fix. Extremely sympathetic to my situation.

So much better than the dealer in CA - Micheal Stead - DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!!!

My feelings of dispair are gone and with the gas prices much lower I think that I might be driving this black monster for many years. Thanks for all your support.

BUT

Should I still go after chrylser for the costs I incurred when I was stuck in CA, during the first rebuild. They (dealer or maker) offered me nothing during the month it was dead. I spent a lot for hotels and airfare home (cheaper than hotels) while Stead attempted to fix it.

Old 12-23-2005 | 11:12 AM
AJ_Gil
Rookie

Some dealers don't get it (or don't care due to large volume).
I bought my R/T at University Dodge in Davie, FL because of the way my wife was treated when she took her Caravan there after being jerked around by the service department where we bought it.
Good service is good business!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2005 | 11:34 PM
magrt

driveing home to day and when it shifted to third it went to free wheel had to put it in nutrule and back to drive to get it to go again. mercedes tranys suck. never had a trany whith more shifting problems ever.

Old 03-01-2006 | 04:07 PM
Kiddo

Good luck, bud.

Quick Reply: RT Transmission failed - 2nd time