Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Another new SE owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 08:00 AM
Imsinin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another new SE owner

The chip ran me about 250.00 out the door. I could have purchased on e-bay for around 200.00, but wanted the piece of mind of getting it somewhere I could trust.

Take care

Old 11-30-2005, 05:07 AM
kww

Thanks for posting info on the exhaust and chip mods. We just took our first trip in our 2005 2.7L SE. We had 3 adults and two kids at about 40 lbs each. So nearly four adults worth of weight plus a full trunk of gifts (early delivery for the holidays) and suitcases.

Trust me, the 2.7L is not weak. My wife was lead-footed with the passing on two-way highways and the car got around just fine. Our gas mileage was 24mpg with the full load and no fear of passing or cruising at 70+ mph. The motor likes to wind out and crank up in the higher RPMs. The HP and Torque curves show this in the `06 brochure if you can locate one.

Hey, it'd be great to have the Hemi being a Mopar purist and appreciating power, but it just didn't make sense for the wife's car.

For reference, the 3.5L SXT takes no hit in gas mileage on the highway (28 mpg EPA) compared to the SE but does take a hit in the city (18 mpg SXT vs. 21 mpg SE). I don't have any real world data on the 3.5L in the city, ours got nearly 18 on the first tank with mostly city driving.

I will admit that we will be upgrading to the K&N FIPK when it comes time for an air filter. This adds a genuine 7hp if anyone is interested. I looked at the JET chip and couldn't find any HP ratings but will consider it if truly available at the price listed above and rated highly.

I like the Magnum with the 2.7 so much I am watching prices on base model 300s coming off rental returns these days. Not that I have the cash...

Kris W.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23942/4B14441B72FD4DFC947FF584CE656A80.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2005, 05:35 PM
snailtek

ORIGINAL: kww

Thanks for posting info on the exhaust and chip mods. We just took our first trip in our 2005 2.7L SE. We had 3 adults and two kids at about 40 lbs each. So nearly four adults worth of weight plus a full trunk of gifts (early delivery for the holidays) and suitcases.

Trust me, the 2.7L is not weak. My wife was lead-footed with the passing on two-way highways and the car got around just fine. Our gas mileage was 24mpg with the full load and no fear of passing or cruising at 70+ mph. The motor likes to wind out and crank up in the higher RPMs. The HP and Torque curves show this in the `06 brochure if you can locate one.

Hey, it'd be great to have the Hemi being a Mopar purist and appreciating power, but it just didn't make sense for the wife's car.

For reference, the 3.5L SXT takes no hit in gas mileage on the highway (28 mpg EPA) compared to the SE but does take a hit in the city (18 mpg SXT vs. 21 mpg SE). I don't have any real world data on the 3.5L in the city, ours got nearly 18 on the first tank with mostly city driving.

I will admit that we will be upgrading to the K&N FIPK when it comes time for an air filter. This adds a genuine 7hp if anyone is interested. I looked at the JET chip and couldn't find any HP ratings but will consider it if truly available at the price listed above and rated highly.

I like the Magnum with the 2.7 so much I am watching prices on base model 300s coming off rental returns these days. Not that I have the cash...

Kris W.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23942/4B14441B72FD4DFC947FF584CE656A80.jpg[/IMG]
that is well said! go figure.. if i have the money, i would still get the SE, im driving 14 miles each trip in a stop and go situations and getting 16 - 17 mpg per full tank (used to be 10-11 miles in my ole durango), but if im driving like 30+ miles each trip in a freeway with no traffic? i would have gotten an hemi.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:43 AM
USAVET

how does the Flowmaster 50 single sound? and sound clips

Old 12-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Imsinin
Rookie

Still no exhaust at this point, had a bit of an accident the same week I was going to do it so it set me back a few bucks. I am hoping to have it done prior to Christmas vacation, I will let you know how it works out and try to get a good sound clip. On that note, what is the best way to get a good sound clip of an exhaust. I know it may sound like a stupid question, but I want to get it on the move too. Any ideas?

Take care.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:17 PM
USAVET

ORIGINAL: Imsinin
what is the best way to get a good sound clip of an exhaust. I know it may sound like a stupid question, but I want to get it on the move too. Any ideas?

Take care.
I have a digital camera that makes movies here is a clip I made after the exhaust was done on my other baby

http://media.putfile.com/MOV00140

Old 12-07-2005, 09:27 PM
Imsinin
Rookie

I got the exhaust done today. I went with a Flowmaster delta 40 series. I wanted the 50 series but could not get one in time for the install. Had everything done in stainless and chucked all the aluminum stuff, sound great! I will post some pics and try to break out the video camera this weekend if we don't get another ice storm.

Quick Reply: Another new SE owner