Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

5.7 Hemi electrical issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 01:07 AM
faststudy101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.7 Hemi electrical issue

I performed a cylinder head rebuild for broken valve seats and did a camshaft swap on a 2006 Dodge Charger r/t with the 5.7 Hemi.

Its been a bit of a headache since getting it back together. The car has a base tune for the cam installed.

The car doesn't want to idle at all and even trying to keep it running at 1500 it will stall out. Ive taken it apart to verify cam timing etc.

The passenger side upstream O2 sensor is reading 2.5v and drops down to 1.2-1.6v. I tried swapping the sensors to different sides to see if the issue followed the sensor, but it didn't.

I've gone over all of the ground wires to the harness and cleaned them. Tuner feels its a ground related issue and it seems very likely. The harness is pretty crusty with some of the insulation coming loose in some areas on the ground wires and there is some visible corrosion.

No codes. Mechanically the car is fine. Just this last issue to sort out for my friend.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:11 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Did you happen to let the lifters sit with no rod pressure on them for a day or more? I've had "stiffy" lifters burn me many times.

Did they give you the wrong valves for one bank?

You're not going to have any misfire codes because your adaptives probably got reset. But at least you know it's bank 2 anyway. That's something...

Last edited by TNtech; 03-08-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: 5.7 Hemi electrical issue