Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Intermittant wiper pot

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Magmania
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittant wiper pot

Is anyone else experiencing inconsistant wiper operation? The 1st click seems at least 45 seconds, the 2nd click seems okay until i use my turn signal. It will then be about every half second until it giggle it a little. And on all the next ones i've stopped trying to figure out the timing. It seems like i have a faulty pot switch in my RT.
Please chime in if you are having this same problem. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2005, 03:41 PM
lilredwagon
Default RE: Intermittant wiper pot

On my Magnum I had a problem that on the second click it would randomly start continuous wiping and then go back to intermittent. The dealer diagnosed it as a defective wiper switch in the column and replaced it. It has been good since (about 2 months). The only problem I had was that the dealer wouldn't do anything about it until they actually witnessed the problem which was a little inconvenient.

Old 12-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Magmania
Veteran

Thanks for the response redwagon. I guess i am going to have them look at it. I hate the idea of my new car slowly getting torn apart by various technicians over time. Im afraid of opening the can of worms that might fester.
Thanks again.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Charlie

Had problem when on 2nd click(at times) wipers stayed on all the time at reg speed..They replaced column switch and so far so good..My Dealer has been great to me with any issues...

Quick Reply: Intermittant wiper pot