Dodge Magnum The Dodge Magnum, the wagon that made wagons cool. The unique look of the Dodge Magnum makes any trim level, from SE to SRT-8, an absolute head turner.

Dodge Magnum RT - Serpintine Belt

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 01:41 AM
obsidiantg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Magnum RT - Serpintine Belt

Have a Dodge Magnum RT 2005 with 2,750 miles. The Serpintine belt slipped off - - the dealer says that the problem seems to be with the belt tensioner spring and will order the part. Its been 7 days and the Dodge Service department have not received the part. Is this usual with getting parts for (relatively) new dodge cars?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks!

Old 12-02-2005, 05:58 PM
crazymjb
Professional
Default RE: Dodge Magnum RT - Serpintine Belt

Are you carless now? Does dodge have a loaner program? Or did they fix it for now and tell you not to rev it up too quicly?

Old 12-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Husker
Professional

I had to replace a few parts(fuel pump and fuel tank...LONG STORY) and it took 4 days to get those parts. I was told that DC is only stocking some parts in certain area storage points. For example my parts came from a supply storage site in Minneapolis and I live in Nebraska. So I feel your pain

Old 12-04-2005, 09:46 PM
obsidiantg

Thank you crazymjb for the response!

The dealer provided me with a Jeep Laredo until they can get my Magnum repaired. This is the first American car I have purchased in 30 years (mostly had Toyota vehicles and Mercedes during this time - without EVER having a single maintenance/mechnical issue.) and am pretty conservative with my driving techniques. Before the belt slipped off the engine, I had driven it for 30 minutes (in New York and Bronx, stop and go traffic), parked the car for 20 minutes. Got back into the car and turned on the engine and put the transmission stick into the DRIVE position, thats when I noticed no power steering, engine overheating, etc.

Its now Sunday evening and tomorrow I'm hoping to get some good news from the dealer. I'm just hoping that maintenance/mechnical issues won't be a future re-occuring problem.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:39 PM
esco01

Yeah i woke this morning about to go out, and i started my magnum rt, and found out it was hard to steer. Looked under the hood saw the serpintine belt came off![:@] If this is a manufacturing problem there should be some kind or recall. I bought that car brand new and those kinds of problems should not be happening. What if i was driving on the freeway and the belt slipped off. Well i called the chrysler road side assitance to get it towed back to the dealership, lets see what happens

Old 12-13-2005, 09:26 PM
esco01

I got my car back the other day, comes to find out the reason the serpintine belt slipped off that there was some kind of rat or small animal in my engine bay. I did see some hair when i took a look under the hood, but i didn't think anything of it. So they put it back together and said that nothing else was wrong with it. So now everything is cool

Quick Reply: Dodge Magnum RT - Serpintine Belt